3 ABRAHAM 17
or Judith 9
The two marriage endowments. Kadar asks to marry Abram.
1. And now I, Judith, write somewhat concerning the marriage endowments of the Holy City and the Order of the Ancients.
2. There are save two endowments that are known amongst us, and these are betrothal and marriage, for former being after the manner of the spirit, and the latter after the manner of the flesh.
3. Both of these belong unto the New and Everlasting Covenant of the Father, and are everlasting.
4. Therefore we do not enter into this lightly, for all things that are of the Chavurat Bekorot of Elohim are deep.
5. And we know and accept only that which is true and abiding.
6. Now as I have said Kadar was my sister both as pertaining unto the flesh and after the spirit; nevertheless we had different mothers, and therefore is our appearance different.
7. Now it is the practice in the Holy City to seek permission to marry from the fathers; and these were fathers Shem and Noah.
8. Therefore Kadar, beholding my happiness and the righteousness of Abram, sought the blessings of the fathers, for she desired to be one with us.
9. Therefore she sent word unto father Shem, who was the King and High Priest in the City of Salem, and sought his blessing.
10. And when she had thus obtained the blessing of her father, she went unto Abram, saying:
"Abram, I am Kadar, the daughter of Shem. I have walked in the footsteps of my father Shem all the days of my life and I desire the blessings of the fathers;
"Therefore if my lord will favour me in his sight, let him take me unto his bosom and be one with me.
"And I will obey him and all his statutes all the days of my life, and for eternity, for they are the ordinances and statutes of El Elyon whom I have served since I was small."....
15. And my lord Abram said unto her:
"I have heard good reports of thee from my wife Judith, and she saith that thou art true unto the covenants of El Elyon.
"And behold, the Spirit of Elohim beareth witness unto me that thou art righteous, and true, and loyal.
"Therefore will I take thee unto myself, and love thee, and cherish thee, in the bonds of the New and Everlasting Covenant of Marriage.
"Therefore go unto my wife Judith and subject thyself unto her, and learn of all the ways of the fathers, that thou mayest arise into our joy."
19. So saying he took Kadar up into his arms and kissed her on both cheeks.
20. And behold, her love for him was full and overflowing.
First created in 1990
Updated on 10 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten