2 Abraham 43
Abraham examines Isaac's motives carefully. The similitude of the sacrifice explained. Elohim intervenes and a ram is offered upon the altar in place of Isaac.
1. As we approached the mountain, Isaac said unto me: My father, we have with us the fire and the wood, but we have no lamb to serve as a burnt offering unto Yahweh. Explain unto me the mystery hidden in this thing that I may be obedient unto all which Yahweh thy Elohim requireth of me.
2. Then I rejoiced, for I knew that Yahweh had revealed in the heart of my son Isaac that which we must do. Therefore I said unto him: Isaac, my son, Yahweh hath chosen thee to be a perfect burnt offering unto Him instead of a lamb. And this thing is a type of Yahweh of spirits who is our first Father, and His Only Begotten Son, Who is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the earth.
3. For surely Elohim will offer His Only Son as a sacrifice upon the Cross to atone for our sins and for the sins of all mankind, that all men might be redeemed from sin and the power of death and be brought to stand before the judgment bar of the Great Yahweh, to be judged according to their works, that every man might receive a righteous and just judgment, and that mercy might have claim upon the penitent, the price of their sins having been paid by the Son of Elohim.
4. Yea, surely, my son, we have been chosen to represent the Father and the Son in this thing, and though I grieve to think of losing thee, my beloved son, yet I rejoice that we are honoured thus to represent Elohim.
5. And Isaac said unto me: I will do all that Yahweh hath commanded thee, my father, with joy in my heart, that I am chosen to represent the Son of Elohim in this sacrifice. And I have this hope in me, that if we are faithful to all the commandments of Yahweh our Elohim, I shall yet stand in the flesh with thee and my mother before before the Throne of the Ancient of Days and receive from Him the promise of exaltation and eternal lives.
6. When I heard this answer, I rejoiced in my son Isaac whose heart was pure and upright before Yahweh. But the Spirit of Elohim constrained me to test him further, and I said unto Him: Hast thou any thoughts or feelings which would prevent thy being offered as a perfect sacrifice before Yahweh? For if thou dost in any way doubt the efficacy of this sacrifice, which is in the similitude of the sacrifice of the Only Begotten of the Father, which is full of grace and truth, it is not meet that thou shouldst be offered as a sacrifice before our Elohim.
7. But Isaac answered me, saying: O my father, as Yahweh liveth and as thou livest as an holy man of Elohim, I know that thou art a servant of El Elyon and that thou dost possess the Anointing of the fathers inwardly. Thou hast never asked me to do anything which was not of Elohim, but thou hast taught me by precept and example to serve Yahweh thy Elohim in every act in my life.
8. Shall I then shrink from being offered by thee as a sacrifice unto Yahweh thy Elohim? Nay, but I shall rejoice forever to have been so honoured. Blessed is Yahweh thy Elohim who hath this day chosen me to be sacrificed as a burnt offering before Him.
9. Thus we came unto the place which Yahweh had appointed for the offering of my son, rejoicing in the glory of our Elohim. Yet I did weep at the thought of losing my beloved son Isaac and at the knowledge of the pain this would bring to his mother Sarah, for their souls were united as one. Nevertheless, my heart rejoiced that I was chosen with my son for this holy ordinance, that we might thereby magnify the Name of Yahweh.
10. After kneeling in prayer unto Yahweh out Elohim, Isaac and I constructed an altar before Yahweh; and I laid the wood in order upon the altar which we had built. And Isaac lay on the altar, and I bound him there, and he said unto me: Bind me securely lest I move beneath the force of the knife and profane the offering before Yahweh.
11. So I bound him securely that he could not move upon the altar. And I wept as I prepared my son for the sacrifice. And Isaac wept with me, yet our hearts rejoiced to have been found worthy of this great blessing.
12. When all was prepared I picked up the knife, kissed my son Isaac, and prepared to offer him as a sacrifice unto Yahweh my Elohim. But the voice of Yahweh came unto me, saying: Abraham, slay not thy son, for I have tested you in this manner that I might know that your hearts are perfect before Me.
13. Now I know that ye fear Yahweh your Elohim in that thou hast not withheld thine heir from My altar. And he hath willingly lain thereon to be a sacrifice of a burnt offering unto Yahweh. Therefore lift up thine eyes and behold the ram that was chosen from the beginning to stand in the place of thy son Isaac as a burnt offering before Me.
14. And I looked up and saw a ram caught by his horns in a thicket. But I went and freed it from the thicket and released my son Isaac.
15. I placed the ram upon the altar and offered it in Isaac's place, that its blood might be considered as the blood of Isaac before Yahweh. And Yahweh accepted the sacrifice of the ram as if it had been Isaac. And Yahweh appeared unto us and blessed me and my seed on that day. And we rejoiced in Yahweh.
Authors: JB, LThE, SBSK et al
First created in 1990
Updated on 9 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten