2 Abraham 32
Abraham offers sacrifice. He is told of the future bondage of Israel in Egypt for four hundred years. The Messiah shall be born through his seed.
1. And Yahweh said unto me: I, Yahweh thy Elohim, saved thee from the fire in the land of Shinar and from the hand of the wicked priest, and from the evil intentions of king Nimrod, and I brought thee into this land that I might give it to thee as an everlasting inheritance.
2. Now I knew that the Word of Yahweh was true. Nevertheless I desired to know more of this inheritance which Yahweh had promised me. Wherefore I said: Lord, how shall it be that I shall inherit this land wherein I am a stranger? And Yahweh said unto me: Take Me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtle dove and a young pigeon.
3. Divide each of these in the midst and lay one half on each side of an open place, except the birds thou shalt not divide but lay one on each side. Wherefore I went and did according to all that Yahweh had commanded me and when the fowls came down upon the carcasses, I drove them away.
4. And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon me and lo, in the sleep was a great horror of darkness. And I cried unto Yahweh, saying: O Yahweh, what meaneth this great horror and darkness? And Yahweh said unto me: Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land which shall not be theirs, and shall be in bondage to strangers, even to the seed of Ham who shall again overrun the land of Egypt.
5. And thy seed shall be afflicted and serve them four hundred years. But at that time I shall judge the seed of Ham and thy seed shall come up out of the land of Egypt with great substance. And as for thee, thou shalt die and go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age. But in the fourth generation thy seed shall come higher again, for the iniquity of the Canaanites is not yet full.
6. Behold, of thy seed shall the Messiah come who shall redeem all those who believe on His Name and walk in His footsteps. Wherefore repent and call upon the Name of the Son all thy days that in the end thou mayest dwell with Me in My mansion
Authors: JB, LThE, SBSK et al
First created in 1990
Updated on 6 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten