2 Abraham 25
Abram and Sarai renamed Abraham and Sarah. Elohim fortells of a day when the present Hebrew rulers of Egypt will be overrun by the Hamites and Abraham's posterity taken into bondage. The rise of Moses prophesised. Abraham is commanded to return to Canaan.
1. At the end of seven years Yahweh visited me and said unto me: Blessed art thou, Abram, servant of the Most High, for thy joy shall be great in My mansion with this multitude which thou hast brought unto Me; wherefore, Thy name shall no more be called Abram, but Abraham shalt thou be called, which is by interpretation, Father of a Multitude.
2. Moreover thy wife Sarai shall no longer be called by that name, but Sarah shall she be called, which signifieth a Queen. For Sarah have I chosen and appointed to be thy queen of queens, for from her shall issue the promised seed, even he who shall be thine heir.
3. Behold, the day cometh when the seed of Ham shall again rule in this land, and in that day thy seed shall be in bondage to them. But I will raise up a prince from among the Egyptians who shall lead them out of bondage, and they shall inherit the land of Canaan, even that land which I have promised unto thee and to thy seed after thee for an everlasting inheritance.
4. Moreover, from the loins of thine heir shall proceed the Messiah, even the Son of Elohim, who shall walk upon the earth ministering to the poor and lowly, who shall be lifted up that the price might be paid for the original sin of Adam and for the sins of all mankind, that all who will believe on His Name might be saved through through faith in His Name and walk righteously in obedience.
These promises are thine, My son, and I say unto thee: Thou shalt be exalted and dwell with Me in the mansion of My Father.
6. Now take thy people and return into the land of Canaan for there I have a work for thee, and there shall the promises come to pass in thy behalf.
7. When I had received this Word of Yahweh and He had departed from me, I went unto Pharaoh and told him that I must depart from his realm as Yahweh had a work for me to do in the land of Canaan.
8. Though he was loathe to see me go, Pharaoh bowed to the will of Elohim and appointed men from his own bodyguard to escort me to the borders of Egypt. And he gave me gifts of cattle and silver and gold and fine cloth and precious jewels of every kind.
Authors: JB, LThE, SBSK et al
First created in 1990
Updated on 6 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten