2 Abraham 21
Shem blesses Abram's family. Abram settles in Haran and preaches the Word. A famine in the land. Elohim appears before Abram.
1. When at length we arrived at the City of Salem, father Shem came forth to greet us bearing bread and new wine which he blessed and gave to us. And he said unto me: Blessed art thou, Abram, for El Elyon hath multiplied thee and behold, thy seed shall be even as the sand upon the seashore without number.
2. Go to now with this great multitude into the land of Canaan, for unto thee and thy seed will I give this land for an everlasting inheritance, saith Yahweh-Elohim Almighty. Amen.
3. Thus we departed from the presence of Shem and moved into the vicinity of Ludor, which city we renamed Haran. And we dwelt in the suburbs of Haran for three years, for there was much pasture there, and space sufficient for the multitude which accompanied me. And I preached the Word in Haran, and many souls were added unto the faithful in that place.
4. And there was a famine in the land, but the land of Haran was blessed for our sakes, that the famine there was light. But at the end of three years, the famine abated throughout the land; wherefore Lot, my brother's son, and I went before Yahweh in prayer. And in answer to our prayer Yahweh appeared to me and said:
5. Arise, Abram, and take Lot with thee and all who follow after thee, for I have purposed to take thee out of Haran and to make of thee a minister to bear My Name in a strange land which I will give unto thy seed after thee for an everlasting possession when they hearken unto My Voice. For I am Yahweh thy Elohim. I dwell in the Heavens; the earth is my footstool, for I shall surely walk upon it when I come to redeem My people from their sins.
6. My Name is Yahweh, and I know the end from the beginning; therefore My hand shall be over thee and I will make of thee a great nation; and I will bless thee above measure and make thy name great among all nations. And thou shalt be a blessing unto thy seed after thee, that in their hands they shall bear this ministry and Anointing, even the Anointing of the fathers after the Chavurat Bekorot of Elohim, which is the Assembly of the Firstborn, unto all nations
7. And I will bless them, even as many as shall receive this Word, through thy name, for they shall be called after thy name, even the seed of Abram, as though they were the seed of thine own flesh. And they shall rise up and bless thee as their father.
8. For I will bless them who bless thee, and curse them who curse thee. In thee, through the Anointing, which is the Light which thou bearest, and in thy seed, through the Anointing which they shall bear which cometh down from Heaven, shall all the families of the earth be blessed with the blessings of the Word of Truth, which are the blessings of salvation, even of life eternal.
9. For I give unto thee this promise, that thy seed shall sprinkle all nations, that through them the right to this Anointing may encomapss all mankind, that all may be brought into the Covenant through obedience to the laws, ordinances and statutes of the Word.
10. Now when Yahweh had ceased speaking with me, I praised Yahweh, saying: Thy servant hath sought thee earnestly; now I have found thee. Thou didst send Thine angels to deliver me from death many times; shall I not do all things which Yahweh my Elohim requireth of me? Blessed art Thou, O Yahweh, who bestowest Thy love without measure upon the righteous but hatest all iniquity.
11. But I have kept thy statutes to walk therein, and have received Thine ordinances, which are Thy keys of light, unto myself, where Thou hast blessed me with the Spirit of knowledge and truth. For my part, I will love Thee freely with all my heart and soul. I will cleave unto Thy holy Law to not turn aside therefrom in all Thou hast commanded.
12. I have learned through Your Spirit that no man is able to choose his own way, nor direct his own steps, for all such will fall into the pit. In Thine hand is the shaping of each man's soul which thou hast foreordained to conform to the image of the Son. Wherefore I will embrace the Son and call upon Yahweh my Elohim for mercy for evermore. Amen.
Authors: JB, LThE, SBSK et al
First created in 1990
Updated on 6 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten