2 Abraham 20
Nimrod's dream. Abram escapes the priest of Pharaoh. Yahweh destroys the idol gods by an earthquake. Abram and the believers leave Ur for Shinar.
1. But behold, Satan was not content to have me continue to disrupt his kingdom in peace; wherefore he sent a dream unto King Nimrod in which the king did see that I should be the destruction of himself and of his kingdom.
2. When the king awoke from his sleep, he was angry and caused that I should be seized and bound that I might be sacrificed unto his gods.
3. Therefore the priests of Nimrod took me and laid me upon the altar of his satanic order to slay me. But I cried unto Yahweh my Elohim for I knew that my work was not yet ended. And Yahweh heard my voice and sent His angel to loose the cords wherewith I was bound.
4. And I saw Yahweh seated upon His throne, and He said unto me: Abram, Abram, behold, My Name is Yahweh, and I have heard thee and have come down to deliver thee and to take thee away from thy father's house, and from all thy kindred into a land which is unknown to thee, a land which I have promised unto Noah should be an eternal inheritance unto the promised seed.
5. Behold, I will lead thee by My hand and will put upon thee My Name, that thou shalt receive the Anointing of the fathers and the power thereof. As it was with Noah, so shall it be with thee, that through thy ministry and the ministry of thy seed bearing this Anointing, My Name shall be known in the earth forever, for I am thy Elohim.
6. And Yahweh broke down the altar of the idol gods by an earthquake and smote their priests that they were all destroyed.
7. But I hastened to my father's house where all the believers were gathered, fasting and praying for me. And I said unto them: Up, for this day we shall depart from this city that Yahweh may visit it in wrath and vengeance.
8. Wherefore all the believers gathered together and followed me out of the city to my camp. And we struck our tents and departed from the land of Shinar to go to the City of Salem to confer with father Shem.
9. And my father also, seeing that the king's face would be set against him, gathered together his goods and followed after me. We journeyed slowly, for I had with me many souls, both women and children, and women with child.
Authors: JB, LThE, SBSK et al
First created in 1990
Updated on 6 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten