2 Abraham 9
Noah gets drunk and is castrated by Ham. Ham is cursed and departs with his family. His daughter Zeptah settles the land of Egypt.
1. Now when the flood had abated and the ark had come to rest upon the top of a mountain, Noah and his family descended the mountain, and after offering sacrifices unto Yahweh and dedicating the land, they began to till the ground and raise all manner of crops.
2. And when the grape harvest was come in, Noah made wine, and drank of the wine, which thing was forbidden, and became drunk; and he was uncovered within his tent.
3. And Ham, the son of Noah, entered his father's tent, and saw his father sleeping naked, for he was drunk. And he told his two brethren standing outside.
4. And Ham, being filled with jealousy on account of the curse of Cain which was upon him and his descendants, castrated his father, Noah, while he was yet asleep, that he might have no further seed through the mother of his brothers, for he feared that they would rule over him and encompass his seed about.
5. And when Ham came forth from his father's tent, Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon their shoulders, and went backward that they might not see the nakedness of their father, for it is a shame for a son to see the nakedness of his mother or father on account of the Fall.
6. And they covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness, nor the evil deed of their brother.
7. And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him, and said: Cursed be Ham: a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren until Messiah cometh.
8. Elohim shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Ham shall be his servant.
9. Wherefore Ham, being sorely afraid, hurried to his tents, and led his family to the plain of Shinar where he dwelt and where he died.
10. Now Ham's wife was named Zeptah, and she was also of the seed of Cain, and they had a daughter named Zeptah.
11. This daughter, after the death of Ham, led a body of his people westward until they reached a body of water in the land of Zeptah, which is Egypt or Mesuru, where they settled; and as the waters receeded from off the land they spread out and built many temples.
12. And this Zeptah was also known as Mesuru, the daughter of Ham; and her son became the first king of Egypt.
Authors: JB, LThE, SBSK et al
First created in 1990
Updated on 6 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten