2 Abraham 7
Irad joins the satanic order but repents. Irad and his son Joram murdered by Lamech (the father of Naamah), the satanic high priest. The wives of Lamech flee to Cainan. Lamech murders Tubal Cain.
1. While Naamah was yet a child, great consternation fell upon the seed of Cain, for Irad the son of Enoch, the son of Cain, had become a member of the satanic order and was privy to all its secrets, until one night Yahweh appeared to him in a dream, saying:
2. Irad, thou hast done evil instead of good, and hast followed after Satan rather than Elohim; wherefore I shall destroy thee and thy house when I send the floods upon the earth.
3. But Irad was pricked in his heart and pled with Yahweh to show mercy and preserve his seed through the great flood.
4. Seeing that his repentance was true, Yahweh said to him: Irad, if thou wilt repent and reveal the evils of the satanic order unto the sons of Seth, I will have mercy upon thee, and I will join thy seed unto the seed of Seth that it may be preserved through the great flood.
5. Wherefore Irad went forth and began to reveal the secrets of the sons of Cain unto the sons of Seth.
6. Lamech, being satanic high priest at that time, found Irad sitting in his garden with Joram, the young son of Irad, and slew him.
7. Thus Lamech slew Irad for the sake of the oath of the satanic order. And he slew Irad's son with him.
8. But Tubal Cain, the son of Lamech, had followed him and viewed this evil did which he had committed. And he revealed it unto his mother Zillah, and she unto her sister Adah.
9. Wherefore Adah and Zillah confronted Lamech with his evil and cursed him in the name of Yahweh for having slain Irad who had repented of his wickedness from among the sons of men.
10. And Lamech said unto his wives Adah and Zillah: Hear my voice, ye wives of Lamech; hearken unto my speech, for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech shall be seventy and seven fold.
11. Lamech's wives, therefore, feared to confront him further, but Lamech repented not of his evil deeds. And finding his son Tubal Cain at prayer, he slew him for having revealed his murders.
12. When Adah and Zillah, the wives of Lamech, learned of this, they took their remaining sons and daughters and went unto their father Cainan's city, and revealed the remainder of the secrets of this evil order among the sons of Adam.
13. Thus did Naamah come to dwell among the sons of Adam. And she grew up before Yahweh in righteousness and was known for her tender care toward the sick and unfortunate. Nevertheless, she had no husband, because she was of the cursed seed.
Authors: JB, LThE, SBSK et al
First created in 1990
Updated on 6 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten