2 Abraham 6The birth of Japheth and Shem. The curse of Cain preserved through the flood through the son of Naamah.
1. When Noah was four hundred and fifty years old, he begat a son, and he called his name Japheth. Forty-two years later he begat another son of her who was the mother of Japheth; and he called his name Shem.
2. Eighty years later Noah begat a son of his wife Naamah, who was of the seed of Cain, and he called his name Ham, for he said: Throught him will the curse be preserved in the land.
3. Now Noah had taken a wife of the seed of Cain, and she was a righteous woman; nevertheless, the curse remained with her seed according to the Word of Elohim.
4. And Noah took her on this wise: for the Word of Yahweh came unto Noah, saying: Take unto thyself Naamah, the daughter of Lamech, who dwelleth here in the city of thy fathers, for she hath been faithful to My Word, wherefore I shall preserve through her the seed of Cain through the flood.
5. This Lamech who was the father of Naamah was of the seed of Cain, being the son of Methusael, the son of Mahujael, the son of Irad, the son of Enoch, the son of Cain.
6. Lamech had married Adah and Zillah, the daughters of Cainan, the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam. Adah bare children unto Lamech, but Zillah was barren until her old age when Yahweh opened her womb, and she conceived and bare a son and daughter.
7. Her son she named Tubal Cain, saying: After I had withered away have I obtained him from the Almighty Elohim. Her daughter she named Naamah, saying: After I had withered away have I obtained pleasure and delight.
Authors: JB, LThE, SBSK et al
First created in 1990
Updated on 6 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten