2 Abraham 45
Abraham rehearses his life in old age. Isaac is sent to Shem and Eber in the City of Salem. Abimelech and Lot pass away. Eulogy to Lot.
1. Thus I, Abraham, began to be old, having seen one hundred and thirty-seven years. Wherefore, I write this record of my life that others might benefit from the workings of Yahweh my Elohim with me. And I bear this witness that Yahweh liveth, and reigneth in the Heavens, and He is El Elyon over all the earth.
2. He hath led me since He appeared to me in a dream when I was three years of age, even unto this time when I am old and bowed down with years. He hath only been good to me and not evil all the days of my life. Surely I will love Him and serve Him forever and ever, and will magnify His Name on High before all peoples. Amen.
3. After Sarah's death I sent my son Isaac unto Shem and Eber to learn more perfectly the ways of the ancients. And he remained there three years before returning to my camp.
4. In the one hundred and thirty-eighth year of my life Abimelech, king of Gerar, died, being one hundred and ninety-three years of age. Wherefore I took my people and journeyed to Gerar where we mourned over Abimelech. And his son Abimelech was chosen to reign in his stead.
5. The following year Lot, my brother's son, died, being one hundred and forty years old. He was a just man and accepted of Yahweh. though he did not walk in all the ways of the ancients, for he had coveted his own property and separated from the community of Elohim. Therefore he must receive a just reward.
6. Nevertheless Yahweh loved him because he maintained his integrity, even in the midst of wicked Sodom, wherefore Yahweh saved him and those of his household who would be saved from destruction. And Yahweh made of him also a mighty people.
Authors: JB, LThE, SBSK et al
First created in 1990
Updated on 9 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten