2 Abraham 35
Elohim promises Abraham a son, Isaac. Three angels from the City of Enoch tell Abraham that Sarah will get pregnant. Sarah conceives.
1. And Yahweh appeared unto me in the plains of Mamre and said unto me: Behold, Ishmael shall not be thine heir, neither Eliezer, for Sarah will I bless and I will give thee a son of her. She shall be the mother of nations and kings; and people shall be of her.
2. Then I fell upon my face before Yahweh and I rejoiced and I said unto Him, O Yah, it is a wonderous thing that this promise should be fulfilled when I am an hundred years old and Sarah is ninety. And Yahweh said: Prepare thy heart to receive it. And I rejoiced therein.
3. When Yahweh had told me these things, I thought of my son Ishmael and I prayed: O Elohim, grant that Ishmael might live uprightly before Thee. And Yahweh-Elohim replied: Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son and thou shalt call his name Isaac. And I will continue in him the Covenant which I have established with thee to be an everlasting Covenant with his seed after him.
4. As for Ishmael, I have heard thee. Behold, I have blessed him and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly. Twelve princes shall he beget and I will make him a great nation.
5. But My covenant will I establish with Isaac whom Sarah shall bear unto thee at this same time in the next year. Then Elohim left me, and I saw Him ascend up into Heaven and my heart rejoiced in the promises of Yahweh unto me.
6. Three months later Yahweh sent unto me three of His ministering angels who were holy men of Elohim from the City of Enoch. For I was sitting at the door of my tent. And I lifted up my eyes from my meditations and, behold, three men in the distance were walking toward our camp.
7. And the Spirit of Yahweh whispered unto me that they were holy men of Elohim who had a blessing for me; wherefore I rose up to meet them and, bowing down before them, I led them toward Sarah's tent. Taking water from Sarah, I washed their feet and spread a carpet under the tree which was at the door of Sarah's tent, spreading cushions upon it and caused them to sit down there.
8. And I called Eliezer and instructed him to send one of the young men to fetch a young and tender calf, and supervise the preparation of it. Sarah also supervised the young women in preparing cakes, and milk, and cheese, and mutton and beef to eat until the calf was prepared.
9. When they had eaten, one of the holy men said unto me: We shall return to thee nine months hence and, behold, at that time Sarah shall bear a son. Now Sarah was listening at the door of the tent, and when she heard these words, she laughed within herself, knowing that she was past the age of bearing. And I also was very old.
10. But the holy men of Elohim rebuked her, saying: Is anything too hard for Yahweh? Surerly when we return here in nine months hence, thou shalt bear a son. Whereupon the three holy men of Elohim entered with me into Sarah's tent and blessed her. And the Holy Spirit fell upon Sarah in mighty power in the blessing so that after the holy men had departed from the tent and I had gone in unto her, she conceived according to the word of the man of Elohim.
Authors: JB, LThE, SBSK et al
First created in 1990
Updated on 6 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten