ON MISSIONARY WORK II
Extract from a revelation to several members on witnessing work (see NC&C 159). Evangelism is the life-blood of the Church but was only being done sporadically because of the winter season. The need for unity is again reiterated and integrityin temple worship. There is only one Gospel and those with their private agendas are strictly warned. Space is always given for repentance [Frogner, Oslo, Norway].
1. The Word of the Lord unto the Church of God and those assaying to be a part of her:
2. Lift up the voice of warning, purge your House, and be more diligent in obeying My commandments.
3. Ye are My witnesses, yet ye do not witness enough, because sin hath taken away your strength and laid down your fortifications.
4. Nevertheless the offerings of some are acceptable before Me, and I have blessed them, each according to their needs.
One Mind and One Purpose
5. It is My will that the saints be of one mind and one purpose, that there may be no divisions of any kind (1 Cor.1: 10-11), that all may obey the same commandments.
6. Those who are pure in mind, heart and flesh will receive the Comforter and be satisfied, and be built up;
7. But unto the impure can no such things come, for My Spirit will not make its home in a filthy vessel.
Liars Thrown Out of the Temple
8. There are some who still remain disobedient, yea, and there are some who have lied that they might enter My Holy House. And they entered, bringing in their pollutions;
9. Nevertheless, they entered the form, but not the substance, and thus the doors of Zion have remained closed unto them.
10. They have not been obedient unto My commandments, and have not loved Me; therefore I have neither justified not blessed them (Jn.14:15).
11. Verily, verily, I say unto you, that not all those who say,"Lord! Lord!" shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven1, but only those who do My will (Mt.7:22-23).
12. I, the Lord, chastise those whom I love, that they might not be lost;
Only One Way to Heaven
13. But the children of men, being lifted up in the pride of their own hearts, suppose that they can enter Heaven by their own way.
14. Though they labour in My Name, they labour for themselves, having as their object their own desires.
15. To some extent ye are all guilty; nevertheless, the ignorant are justified.
16. But when they understand, they must needs repent and change direction, holding fast to the Word and the promises thereof.
17. These are justified sons and daughters of Christ, and these I cover, yea, even all their sins.
Space for Repentance
18. Unto all men and women is given space for repentance -- then cometh the night of darkness.
19. It is necessary that all give an account of their stewardship2 unto thosewho have been called, and this ye shall do, weighing all in the balance, before ye assemble in General Conference.
Spontaneous Humility is Best
20. I, the Lord, delight not in humbling the rebellious3 and slothful, but would that every man would humble himself of his own free will.
21. Compulsion never led to happiness, but chastisement may save a man from a fall. So no more for now. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 15 June 1998
Last updated on 15 June
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved