A Call to Holiness
The danger of the Church being still-born in the northern countries was a great concern during its first year. Many of the saints resisted the call to purify their lives and would not take counsel. At this time there were few mechanisms for determining a person's worthiness before they entered the Church as members. The warning was given that if the saints did not reform, the covenant would be removed. Instructions to the Oslo and Bergen Colonies in Norway. Instruction to an individual member has been removed from this printing [Rosenborg, Oslo, Norway].
1. Thus saith the Lord unto the Church of God gathering in the north countries and throughout the world:
2. I have watched and listened unto you, and seen your labours for Zion.
Holiness is an Absolute Prerequisite for Zion
3. Behold, Zion1 remaineth filthy on account of some, and weak on account of others;
4. And though I have been gracious in opening the heavens unto you, ye have not always followed My Word.
5. With some I am well pleased and see their strivings on behalf of the Kingdom;
6. But unless there is a reformation in some quarters, yea, a great repentance, and a cleansing from all that is coarse, unseemly, and vulgar, I will not renew My Covenant with you at your next General Conference but cast you aside as a faithles wife.
The Church is Not Just Another Christian "Group"
7. Ye have still not understood the sanctity of your calling and many have supposed that this Church is but another "group";
8. And behold, if ye do not reform, ye shall become just another "group", for I shall no longer uphold you as specially consecrated but leave you unto your own devices.
9. Therefore repent, repent, ye wayward sons and daughters of Ephraim2, or I shall spit you out.
The Word of the Lord to the Oslo Colony
10. I am not pleased with the Oslo Colony, saith the Lord, for it hath not arisen into the endowment I purposed for it on account of some who have made light of My Word, blasphemed My Name, or turned unto their own imaginings and workings.
Bergen to Become the "Jewell of the North" if Faithful
11 I, the Lord, am pleased with the Bergen Colony though some continue tobe injured in their pride and others have been slow to reform their sluggishness.
12. If they are faithful they shall become the jewell of the north, even as I have promised, and shall grow into a true family of Christ (PWNC 990822:12).
13. And if the Oslo Colony will repent the same promise shall be made unto her.
The Gathering to Zion is the Lord's Chief Call to the Church
14. O My little ones, know ye not how I yearn to gather you and give you a feast of fat things? (Is.25:6) But ye will not!
15. I shall reveal no more unto you until you have been faithful in the works which I have commanded you to do.
16. And if ye will not do these then behold, ye shall be no more, and shall dwindle into obscurity.
17. Purge your souls of all filthiness and purify your minds and hearts.
18. And until ye do this I shall speak no more unto you. Amen3.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 24 March 1998
Last updated on 24 March 1998
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved