The Book of Isaac
2 Abraham 48
Isaac finishes his father's record. Abraham admonishes his son to be faithful and to walk in all the ways of Yahweh. Abraham dies and his buried by his sons.
1. Behold, I am Isaac, the son of Abraham, and I finish my father's record. For when the end of my father's sojourn among men had come, he called me unto him and said: My son, according to the commandment of Elohim unto thee, I have appointed thee to be mine heir, that all the authority I possess should rest with thee.
2. Thou knowest that Yahweh is Elohim in Heaven and earth, and that we serve only Him. He hath many times preserved me from destruction when the evil ones would have destroyed me, for I always placed my trust in Him.
3. He brought me into this land and said unto me: To thy seed will I give all this land and they shall inherit it when they shall keep My commandments, My statutes and My judgments that I have commanded thee and which I shall command them.
4. Now therefore my son, hearken unto my voice and keep the commandments of Yahweh thy Elohim, even as thou hast been instructed by me and by thy mother Sarah, and by Shem and Eber.
5. Depart not from the Chavurat Bekorot of Elohim in any particular and remember always the mercies of our Elohim and His blessings will never depart from thee.
6. Teach these things also unto thy children and thy children's children, that they may receive the like blessings with us, for all those who obey the law of the fathers will be blessed by the fathers.
7. Then I covenanted with my father to do all things as he had said, and to walk in his ways. And my father blessed me and my house, and he took my son Jacob into his tent, he being fifteen years old at this time, and instructed him for seven days and seven nights in the ways of Yahweh.
8. Thus did my father end his days, and he died, being one hundred and seventy-five years of age. And Ishmael and his other sons returned unto me and we did bury our father with Sarah my mother. And all the inhabitants of the land did mourn over him, for he was a righteous man who did good unto all.
9. And truly this was his testimony: That Yahweh is Elohim [Elohim] over all, and that those who serve Him shall inherit peace in this life and eternal joy in the life to come. Amen.
Authors: JB, LThE, SBSK et al
First created in 1990
Updated on 9 June 2016
Copyright © 1987-2016 Chavurat Bekorot All Rights Reserved
Wszelkie Prawa Zastrzeżone | Alle Recht vorbehalten