7. Delivering a Demonised Alter: Doing It
There is no one single formula in deliverance though certain elements are critical. Above all, it is the faith in, and love for, Christ of the one being delivered that counts together with the faith, love and discipline of the deliverance minister. Remember also that once deliverance has been effected, that this is not the end: the delivered victim needs support in terms of Christian fellowship and a sound discipling program. Too many delivered and integrated MPD victims are simply dumped and forgotten after deliverance which is not unlike discharging a patient from a hospital hours after having critical surgery. I have known of cases of those who have been demonised all their lives who, once healed, need to learn many basic social and even practical day-to-day living skills which we may take for granted. Stability and continuity are key elements in full recovery. Without these, a former victim may fall right back where she came from. So a stable environment is essential. In one case I was dealing with, the victim was forced to move home midway through the deliverance process by an uncaring pastor. The effect of this was to create stresses in the victim who resorted to old demonic habits in a bid to cope with the emergency. This put back the work that had been done by many months.
A. General Steps & Principles
There may be said to be seven steps to complete demonic bondage:
All self-will is lost by stage #7 and deliverance, if it is possible, is entirely in the hands of the one doing the deliverance under the direction of the Ruach haQodesh (Holy Spirit).
Matthew 8:28-34 (also Mark 5:1-20; Luke 8:26-39) - the story of the Gergesinian Swine - illustrates complete demon possession by a well known host of demons called "Legion".
- 1. Sinful thoughts (1 John 2:16)
- 2. Decision to sin
- 3. Habitual sin
- 4. Loss of control
- 5. Demonic bondage
- 6. Demonic infestation
- 7. Demonic possession (rare in Christians)
Deliverance is not psychotherapy and does not usually require the victim to relive traumatic and often forgotten experiences. Sometimes the Ruach (Spirit) will identify forgotten events so that specific demons can be cast out by name. The ease at which deliverance takes place often depends on the nature of the demonic bondage coupled with the faith and will of the victim. If the latter are weak, deliverance can either be slowed down or aborted altogether. The greatest weapon in Satan's armoury before, during, and after deliverance is fear because he tries to convince the victim that her case is hopeless and that deliverance is a waste of time. It happens in nearly every deliverance session I have ministered in. Were I to identify the three chief obstacles that the victim must address and commit to Christ for deliverance to be successful they would be:
Once these obstacles are removed, deliverance can be relatively easy. Sexual abuse is another of Satan's chief weapons and is a cornerstone of satanism because it creates ungodly soul ties, the joining of souls together (Mark 10:8; 1 Cor.6:15-18). The only holy and permissible way to join souls together is holy matrimony. Any other kind of sexual liaison gives Satan certain legal rights to demonise. Forsaking sexual immorality (if it has been a free-will choice) must precede deliverance and repenting from it must take place during deliverance. If the victim has been abused or molested, she is not guilty of any sin, even though Satan will try to convince the victim that she is guilty, filthy and beyond redemption. That is one of his many lies leading to the bondage of fear and hopelessness. Ungodly sexual ties caused by abuse or free-will sexual sin is a common cause of fear and jealosy on which Satan feeds.
- 1. Fear (2 Tim.1:7)
- 2. Jealosy (Num.5:14)
- 3. Hatred and an unwillingness to forgive
There may be said to be three spiritual phases that lead to demonic strongholds which correspond to the depth of spiritual penetration of the soul (the whole being of a person):
Spiritual corruption usually comes through various forms of idolatry associated with false religion and is the most difficult of the three to deal with. Victims of SRA (Satanic Ritual Abuse) are invariably forced into devil-worship through various evil ordinances. On all three levels (body-mind/heart-spirit) the blood of Christ can, and does, liberate. The blood of Christ is what the devil and his followers most fear because it renders them powerless once the victim has appropriated it through faith and a willingness afterwards to be an obedient disciple. (Note: Christian and pseudo-Christian denominations/groups that deny the existence of an autonomous human spirit, like the Jehovah's Witnesses, Christadelphians, Armstrongites (WCG), and Seventh Day Adventists (SDA) can sometimes be a major obstacle to deliverance. They believe we are no more than physical beings with God's spirit animating us).
- 1. The physical body (corresponding to the outer court of the Temple)
- 2. The mind/heart sometimes wrongly called "soul" (corresponding to the Holy Place of the Temple)
- 3. The human spirit (corresponding to the Holy of Holies of the Temple)
Finally, avoid all forms of exorcism, such as is practised by the Roman Catholic Church, because this is just a form of magic which is strictly forbidden (Acts 19:13-16). I know of dramatic and spectacular counterfeit deliverance taking place under false priestcraft (e.g. Catholic and Mormon) involving screaming, stigmata (mysterious bloody signs on the body), etc., which are just demonic side-shows. Often Satan will cause certain demons to exit and replace them with other types. By such showmanship, he can and does convince people of the efficacy of these false priesthoods whose activities lead to other kinds of demonic bondage. When I perform deliverance ministry, no demons are allowed to speak and everything is done in a quiet and orderly way.
B. Scriptural Preparation for the Victim
Both deliverance minister and victim should come armed with scripture if at all possible. Those victims who have sufficient control and self-will to be able to study the Bible ought to prepare themselves beforehand by saturating themselves with the Word and prayer. The following selection of scriptures relate to the atonement, the power which lies behind deliverance, so that minister and victim will constantly have the right focus. These are worth reading carefully and, if you can, memorise some of them too:
By all means add to this list, or make your own one. (All scripture references are from the NKJV unless otherwise stated.)
- 1. Luke 4:18 - "The Spirit (Ruach) of the LORD (Yahweh) is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed"
- 2. 1 Peter 3:18 - "For Christ (the Messiah) also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God (Yahweh), being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit (Ruach)"
- 3. Psalm 69:9 - "zeal for Your house has eaten me up, And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me"
- 4. 2 Corinthians 5:21 - "For He (Yahweh) made Him (Yah'shua/Jesus) who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God (Yahweh) in Him"
- 5. Galatians 3:13 - "Christ (the Messiah) has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us"
- 6. Philippians 3:13-15 - "forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God (Yahweh) in Christ Jesus (Yah'shua the Messiah). Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God (Yahweh) will reveal even this to you"
- 7. Colossians 2:11-13 - "In Him (Yah'shua/Jesus) you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ (the Messiah), buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God (Yahweh), who raised Him from the dead. And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses"
- 8. Romans 6:6 - "our old man was crucified with Him (Yah'shua/Jesus), that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin"
- 9. Colossians 2:20 - "you died with Christ (the Messiah) from the basic principles of the world"
- 10. Colossians 3:3 - "For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ (the Messiah) in God (Yahweh)"
- 11. Philippians 3:3 - "we are the circumcision, who worship God (Yahweh) in the Spirit (Ruach), rejoice in Christ Jesus (Yah'shua the Messiah), and have no confidence in the flesh"
- 12. Romans 8:12 - "therefore, brethren, we are debtors -- not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh"
- 13. Romans 3:14 - "put on the Lord Jesus Christ (Yah'shua the Messiah), and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfil its lusts"
- 14. James 5:6 - "Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much"
C. Basic Steps in a Deliverance Session
The following things need to happen in a deliverance session for a victim to be delivered:
D. Things to Do before Starting Deliverance
- a. If the minister cannot be physically present with the victim in a deliverance session, try to arrange for someone to be with her for prayer support and to ensure the minister's directions are carried out. Often this is not needed so long as the victim is not completely possessed, but it is desirable
- b. Make sure there is a glass and pitcher of water available before the session starts as the victim may dehydrate during sessions
- c. Make sure the victim has been to the toilet/bathroom before a session starts. I have known of victims to lose consciousness there and the session to be ruined because of demonic activity
- d. Make sure that the time and room where deliverance takes place is such that there will be no interruptions. The room/space in which the deliverance takes place needs to be spiritually sealed off. I have known interruptions by unbelievers and those not properly covered ruin a session because Satan uses these people to interrupt the spiritual flow. Choose a time when visitors are unlikely. Don't answer the telephone or door bell during a session. Make sure that children are being baby-sat by someone. If deliverance can be done in a church or meeting hall set apart specifically for the purpose, or a pastor's office, so much the better.
- e. Before doing anything else, the minister or victim should command all demons to shut up or get out. Never allow a demon to speak! Never consult a demon about anything because this is a form of mediumship or channelling (1 Sam.28:19). If a demon manifests using the victim's voice (you will know from the tone and spirit present because the natural voice will be distorted) command it to be silent in Yah'shua's (Jesus') Name.
- f. The victim must verbally (unless mute, in which case it should be written) confess and renounce all sinful behaviour to God (Yahweh). If you are using an Internet Chat, get the victim to confess and renounce verbally and than indicate to the minister that she has done this by typing something (like an X) - if you have Voice Chat, use it!
- g. The victim should cast out the demon/strongman through the power of Yah'shua/Jesus only and not through any "priesthood" or religious institution
- h. Once the demons/strongman has been cast out, the victim should ask Yahweh to dismantle the stronghold
- i. The victim should then surrender to Yahweh's Lordship all areas of emotional and thought life which Satan has power to control
- j. The victim should then pray for the healing of any emotional scars caused by the stronghold
- k. Finally, the victim should ask Yahweh's help to forsake the sinful habits which caused the stronghold and make her best effort to do so. This is not a passive commitment. This needs to be done with each type of strongman/demon.
- l. Depending how the Spirit (Ruach) leads you, generational curses should be dealt with either right at the beginning of a session (if they are the principal cause of the victim's spiritual disturbance) or at the end (to ensure that the deliverance is not undone - this is particularly important for victims of SRA because Satanism frequently passes along many generational lines. Cutting all mental, emotional and spiritual bonds through Christ with family members involved in satanism is crucial.
- m. If at any time the power of the enemy seems to be too great for the victim during a deliverance session, enter into prayer and/or spiritual hymns. The minister should ensure that he has prayer cover from other believers prior to a session.
- n. Prior to the deliverance, extensive interviews need to be conducted with the victim to identify any demonic doorways. These are legal points of entry or access points for demons. Examples would be hypnosis (Dt.18.11; Is.19:3; 47:9,12 cp. 2 Ki.21:6; 17:17), divination (Acts 16:16-18), cult artifacts in the home, unrepented of abortions, involvement in cults and false religion, etc.
- o. The minister must make sure the victim avoids all passive states and must resist the temptation of iatrogenic abuse, i.e. the power of suggestion. The victim must be in possession of her own mind and will at all times otherwise the deliverance will do more harm than good. It is important that the minister ensures that everything is done in the right, scriptural way (e.g. 1 Sam.13). Just randomly casting out demons by following carnal feelings, as I have seen some charismatics do, is worse than useless and undermines true faith as well. To do a deliverance properly, proper homework has to be done by the minister. Wrong assumptions can lead to dangerous situations. There is no use casting out a demon if the way for its return is not also blocked.
STAGE I: General Prayers
Decide together with the victim which Names of Deity you are going to use:
and whether the prayers shall be in the first person singular (I) or plural (We).
- Yah'shua, Yeshua (the Aramaic of Yah'shua) or Jesus
- Ruach haQodesh or Holy Spirit
Having secured the room where the deliverance takes place by closing all doors and windows and making sure that you will not be interrupted, the minister should ask the victim to repeat the following prayers:
STAGE II: Specific Prayer by the Minister(s)
- 1. I/We affirm the Lordship of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ over this place
- 2. I/We hereby bind all spirits, principalities, and powers which Yah'shua/Jesus has identified as His enemies around this place through His Name and by His blood
- 3. Dear Father Yahweh, I/We ask you in Yah'shua's/Jesus' Name, and by the power of His atoning blood, to break down all lines of communication between any demons and their controllers in the demonic hierarchy
- 4. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ and by the power of His atoning blood, I/We purify with His blood the four elements - fire, air, water and earth - and cut off any enemy routes of entrance and exit
- 5. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ and by the power of His atoning blood, I/We bind the world of spirits and its allies, and take authority over them, from attacking anyone involved in this meeting or any member of their family, or close friends, or their property, either now or in the future
- 6. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ and by the power of His blood, I/We command all demons to be silent and to be forever bound in chains in the lake of fire, or wherever Yah'shua/Jesus sends them
- 7. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ and by the power of His blood, I/We bind any spirits that may have been brought into this place of ministry by those entering, and I/We cut off their lines of communication
- 8. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ, I/We seal off this place of ministry with the blood of Yah'shua/Jesus
STAGE III: General Confession of Christ by the Victim
- 9. Dear Heavenly Father, Yahweh-Elohim, I/We invite the Ruach haQodesh/Holy Spirit to come into this place and to work through those labouring in this ministry here today. I [the deliverance minister] petition You on behalf of (name of victim), in the Name of the Lord Yah'shua/Jesus. You know that he/she wants to be delivered and free. I/We now stand in prayerful agreement with him/her for You to grant him/her that freedom. Please, Lord, empower him/her to say whatever he/she needs to say, especially for any forgotten sins that may prevent him/her from being healed. In Yah'shua's/Jesus' Name. Amen.
Until this genuine heart-confession has been made, no further progress can be made. That is not to say that the victim must have a perfect faith, but she ought at least to be able to pray: "Lord (Yah'shua/Jesus), I believe; help my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24). As the deliverance proceeds and results are seen, that belief will grow steadily stronger and stronger.
- 10. I hereby affirm that Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour and confess the cleansing power of His blood and His Word. I also covenant to be obedient to His Word for the remainder of my life. Hallelu-Yah! Amen!
Warning: Though a person who has made this heartfelt confession is saved, it is not final salvation. A commitment to a life of discipleship is essential too, i.e. the fruits of salvation manifested. If the attitude is one of just passive belief, the deliverance will ultimately fail, and the victim will likely fall away from her salvation too. It is easier to remove evil spirits by deliverance than to keep them out by leading a well-balanced life involving prayer and Christian discipleship.
E. The Deliverance
From this point onwards there can be no one "formula" for deliverance. The minister(s) must be led by the Ruach haQodesh (Holy Spirit) and know the background of the one being ministered to in depth. If the minister is in any doubt, there is no reason why he should not do specific deliverances even if subsequently it is discovered that a particular demonic problem was not there. It will do no harm. Not all the following prayers will be relevent and must be selected, or added to, as required. The selection of prayers below is for victims of SRA (Satanic Ritual Abuse) and who are suffering from MPD.
In the case of MPD, complete and final deliverance can only be done through the core alter, so it is very important that she has been clearly indentified. The core alter stands as the proxy of all the others whether the other alters/subpersonalities are in agreement or not. I try to ensure that the Light Alters are in the majority before taking this final step though even this is not necessary. Again, the Ruach (Spirit) must be followed.
Remember also that in the case of MPD in SRA, some of the alters will have consciously chosen to follow Satan. This means that the core alter, even if she does not follow Satan, must repent and be delivered on their behalf as the controlling alter. If and when full integration of the personality takes place, it will not be a conscious decision on the part of the core alter, though she must want integration to take place before it can. At this point the minister should therefore ask the core alter: Are you willing to be healed and completely integrated?
STAGE IV: Procedure for SRA and MPD
This will also vary from individual to individual. The collection of prayers and deliverances was assembled for a particular case.
It is not uncommon to discover that victims of SRA have been compelled to commits acts of murder in satanist covens, such as child sacrifice. This can be a traumatic matter to confront but because the demonic powers behind such things are powerful, they must be dealt with courageously and in the confidence of the free pardon of Christ. Dealing with the spirit of Molech is therefore crucial. Another area is sexual abuse, both forced on the victims by the coven as well as the victims to commit acts of sexual abuse themselves. As mention before, Legion is commonly associated with this sin. Both murder and sexual abuse sins, even if forced on the victim against her will (often in a drugged state), must be confessed and released to Christ for forgiveness.
- A. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ and by the power of His blood, I renounce the spirits of hatred and vengeance, and freely forgive all those who have ever wronged or abused me, and ask in turn that I may be freely forgiven for all the wrong that I have done in my life, asking that Yah'shua/Jesus strengthen me to do this. I place all my pain and hurts at the foot of the Cross and ask to be washed clean by the blood of the Messiah/Christ.
- B. I hereby renounce and repent of all the works of the devil, and break all pacts, covenants and agreements that I have ever entered into, whether by compulsion or by my own free will, or those made by other alters, together with the occult practices of my forefathers, in the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ and by the power of His blood.
- C. I call upon Yah'shua's Angels to protect me and be my shield
- D. I hereby command in the Name of Yah'shua/Jesus all evil spirits and dark alters to be silent
- E. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ and by the power of His blood, I hereby break the control and dismantle the strongholds that Molech, ___(list other demons)___ and other demons have exercised a hold upon me or various alters.
- F. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ and by the power of His blood, I hereby bind and cast out Molech, and all the other demons that are within me, or have afflicted me, and consign them to the lake of fire, or to wherever Yah'shua/Jesus shall send them.
- G. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ, I plead His blood upon any satanic implants within me, that they may henceforth be deactivated and rendered useless until such a time as I can have them surgically removed.
- H. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ and by the power of His blood, I place the blood of atonement between myself and all generational sins and curses, both those which I am aware of and those which I am not, breaking all psychic heredity and any demonic hold on my family line as a result of the disobedience of my parents and ancestors, alive and dead, forever.
- I. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ and by the power of His blood, I dissolve all ungodly sexual bonds established with my parents and others who have abused me, washing away all guilt and responsibility.
- J. In the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ and by the power of His blood, I break the bonds of all false religion and priestcraft, magickal links, initiations and coven connections, and yield myself only to Yah'shua/Jesus and His Word.
- K. I invite your Ruach haQodesh/Holy Spirit to enter and fill me in Yah'shua's Name and to cleanse out ALL the darkness within me, and to be my spiritual covering this day forth and forevermore.
- L. In the Name of the Lord Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ, and by the authority I possess as a believer in Him, I declare that I am redeemed out of the hand of the devil.
- Through the blood of Yah'shua/Jesus, Yahweh's Son, is cleansing me now from all sin.
- Through it I am made righteous Yahweh's sight, just as if I had never sinned.
- I belong to Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ, body, soul, and spirit.
- His blood protects me from all evil.
- In the Name of Yah'shua/Jesus I rebuke any and all of the lying and deceitful spirits of ... ___(list such things as occultism, satanism, spiritualism, familiar spirits, astrology, etc.___ ... which may think that they still have a claim on me or my family.
- In Yah'shua's/Jesus Name I renounce those spirits of Satan and declare that you have no power over any part of me, whether alter or subpersonality, any more for I am bought and paid for by the blood of Yah'shua/Jesus shed on Calvary.
- M. I renounce any and all oaths (if any) made by me or over me at Satan's altar - known or unknown - in Yah'shua's/Jesus' holy Name, and by the power of His shed blood.
- I ask the Lord Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ to break any covenants, contracts, dedications, commissions or consecrations made by me or over me by others at the altars of Satanism/Witchcraft - known or unknown - and to bring the full power of the Cross, the Resurrection, the Ascension, the Glorfication and the Second Coming of Yah'shua/Jesus to destroy their power over me.
- I also renounce any generational sin and bondage which may be oppressing me through oaths made by my parents or ancestors and ask the Lord Yah'shua/Jesus to cleanse the generational lines by His shed blood.
- I nail all these things to the cross of Christ.
- Because of the blood of Yah'shua/Jesus, Satan has no more power over me or my family and no place in us.
- I renounce him and his hosts completely and declare them to be my enemies.
- In the Name of Yah'shua/Jesus, I exercise my authority and expel all evil spirits.
- I now expose all enemies of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ operative against me (or my children).
- I sever you, spirits from Satan, and any power over you. By the power of the Name of Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ, I remove your right to afflict me (or my children) and proclaim your judgement.
- In the authority of Messiah/Christ, I bind all evil spirits present together.
- I command you to go where Yah'shua the Messiah/Jesus Christ sends you by the voice of His Ruach/Spirit.
- I command them to leave me now, according to the Word of God and in the Name of Yah'shua/Jesus.
- I also ask You, Father Yahweh, to shut any doorways of demonic access which have been opened into my life, by any sins or abuses, at any time, in any way - and I ask You to seal those doorways forever by the Blood of the Lamb, shed on the cross at Calvary.
- I thank you for doing this in Yah'shua's/Jesus' mighty Name. Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Messiah Yah'shua/Jesus Christ (Phil.3:13-14). Amen.
Click here for the results of a Case Study of deliverance using the above procedure.
This page was created on 30 April 2002
Last updated on 1 May 2002
Copyright © 1987-2008 New Covenant Ministries - All Rights Reserved