On Eternal Marriage II
1. Q. Is there marriage beyond the grave?
2. A. Behold, it is written, that the sons of this age marry and are given in marriage;
3. But those who are accounted worthy to attain that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, for they cannot die any more, because they are as the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection (Lk.20:34-36).
4. Verily, verily, I say unto you: that which hath a beginning must also have an ending, and all marriages that begin in the word of matter must also end in the world of matter;
5. In the eternal world there are no endings, neither beginnings, for all is one eternal round.
6. The Law of Zadok, which is after a temporal order and after the Priesthood of Aaron, specifieth beginnings and endings in marriage, freeing widows to remarry and commanding redeemers to take care of the childless and the homeless, even as Boaz took care of Ruth and Naomi.
7. The Law of Enoch, which is the Law of Christ, which is a heavenly order and after the Priesthood of Melchizedek, hath neither beginning nor ending;
8. And behold, all marriages which are after that order have no beginning nor ending, but were before the fallen world of matter, and shall be after it.
9. And though such couples may "find" one another in the fallen world of matter, and be married after a Zadokian Law, with its beginnings and endings, behold, in the eternities their marriage shall continue, even as it was in the worlds of spirit before ye entered your earthly probation.
10. That which is of the earth is of the earth and abideth the span of mortal life only;
11. But that which is of heaven is of heaven and abideth the span of eternity, which is without beginning or ending.
12. They who are mates of the spirit have always been and shall always be so for they were ordained to be together from the beginning;
13. Nevertheless many of these soul mates are separated while on the earth and are married unto others who are not their soul mates, that they might act upon, and be acted upon, for their spiritual growth and perfection.
14. Verily, verily, I say unto you, that the children of the first resurrection go from one glory unto another, having eternal increase of joy and love;
15. But the children of this age, even they who belong to the world and its death, even they who belong unto the second resurrection, if they are accounted worthy of it and have not sinned the unpardonable sin, shall be single, even as the angels, for in their spirits they belonged not unto eternity but unto the world.
16. The resurrection of the righteous is a resurrection of eternal increase, but the resurrection of the wicked is a resurrection unto no further increase, but is affixed (Ac. 24:15).
17. Verily, verily, I say unto you: be ye perfect, doing all that I have commanded you, that ye might gain a better resurrection (Heb.11:35).
18. For a man shall receive even as he chooseth; and if he chooseth a lesser resurrection, behold, he shall receive it;
19. But he who chooseth a better reusrrection, shall receive it, and rejoice with those who have received the same.
20. Now there are some who seek an eternal marriage that they might possess and control their spouses, building up their own kingdoms;
21. And wicked men, who know not the grace of Christ, have established doctrines after their own imaginations, that they might have power over men [and women], saying:
22. Come hither! For I have received the power to bind up marriages for eternity! And no others have received this. Therefore come unto my church and I will save you!
23. Behold, no man may seal the marriage of another, for it is I, the Lord, who seal, and I, the Lord, who bind, and never have I given power to men that they might bind up in the eternities.
24. I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man cometh unto the Father, who is in the bosom of Eternity, save it be through Me.
25. All who say: Come unto me, for I am the gate unto eternal marriage! are anti-christ, and shall be exposed.
26. Go ye not unto them, for they have neither power to bind not loose, but are false guides whose end is the pit.
27. But go unto those who are worthy of the first resurrection and hearken unto them, for they have been given authority to judge in Israel.
28. These are they who are willing to lay their lives down for the Master, who worship not the beast or his image, who partake not of their devilish system, and receive not their mark in their foreheads and in their hands (Rev.20:4).
29. These are they who are blessed and holy, who possess an eternal Priesthood after the Order of Melchizedek, and shall reign as the Patriarchs and Matriarchs upon the Millennial Earth (Rev.20:5-6).
30. And because they are priests they are married, both allegorically to their Lord -- being subject to Him in all things -- and literally to their spouses, for they are without beginning or ending, partaking of the Alpha and Omega, even Christ the Lord.
31. And in that day the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride of the survivors in Israel, even they who have survived the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord, which is the Tribulation (Isa.4:2).
32. And in that same day seven women will marry one man and will beg him to take away their disgrace, even as they who rejected Christ shall beg Him to forgive them and wash away their guilt (Isa.4:1).
33. But unto the Saducees and those who deny the resurrection these things shall not come, for they shall be dead, body and spirit.
34. And, behold, they will seek christs after their own imaginings, even saviours of the flesh, seven in all;
35. And each fleshy saviour shall perish until they also finally perish, having no life either in this world or in the world to come, for they are childless, and without increase.
36. Verily, verily, I say unto you: those that come unto Me, the living Saviour, shall obtain all that is sufficient for them both in this age and the age to come.
37. These are they who will judge the the world and angels, being set over them (1 Cor.6:2-3), even though in their earthly frames they were made a little lower than them (Heb.1:6-7).
38. Who, then, shall be equal to the angels in the resurrection? Verily, verily, I say unto you, they who shall not judge them, or rule over them, even the children of the second resurrection.
39. Yea, even those who are not priests and kings, they who were not counted worthy of the first resurrection, even they who shall be single like unto the angels. And this is the justice of God.
40. He who hath ears, let him hear, and the truth shall be revealed unto him, and make him glad. Let this be sufficient for now Even so. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 19 December 2007
Last updated on 19 December 2007
Copyright © 1997-2008 NCCG - All Rights Reserved