On Contempt for Covenant
The whole philosophy of the modern Western world is antithetical to the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. The love of individualism over collective responsibility has resulted in a hatred of anything to do with covenants1. Few keep their word anymore, in fulfilment of prophecies made by the apostle Paul concerning the end times, because the modern generation is a lawless one. Morality and truth have become relative, a matter of "personal conscience". All absolutes, like God's Law, have been rejected. Thus the teachings of the New Covenant, which are a blessing and a joy to the true disciples of Christ, are a source of irritation and contempt to those who belong to, and love, the modern Babylonish world system based on individuaism and self-glory. There is no room for the Babylonian mind-frame in the New Covenant and those who stubbornly compromise with it must eventually find themselves outside the Church [Bergen, Norway].
1. The great sin of this generation, and the generation before it, is that it hath contempt for covenant.
2. For this cause it is a lawless generation, doing whatsoever its heart desireth, and hath no stability, its foundation being as water.
The Rebellious Hate the Strictness of the Law
3. For this cause it judgeth harshly against the strictness of covenants in days past, having contempt for them, saying that the Lord of the Covenant is a harsh Lord with whom they desire to have no fellowship.
Steadfast as a Rock
4. I am as steadfast as a rock, saith the Lord, and whosoever will build upon Me will not fall but find eternal security and happiness.
5. My Way is not hard, saith the Lord, and My grace abundant and free, but I expect loyalty and devotion from My bride, even the Church, if she taketh upon herself My Name.
Faithless Spouses are a Curse
6. A faithless wife is a curse and the cause of much sorrow, and a lawless husband as the stink of death.
Revilers to be Disciplined
7. Therefore ye shall not suffer those who take upon themselves My Name to revile or speak evil of My Name, nor of the covenants made in My Name, for such a one bringth shame and disgrace upon the whole Body of Christ and a reproach from the unbelievers.
8. I have told you before that it is not expedient or lawful that the Church should atone for the sins of those whoabuse her, for this is the work of the Bridegroom;
Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin
9. Nevertheless, she is to love her enemies, according to the commandment, and in this be justified.
10. It is written of those who confess My Name before men, that I, the Lord, will confess them before angels and all the hosts of Heaven;
11. But those who confess Me not I shall not confess before angels and the hosts of Heaven;
12. And those who revile Me, having known Me, shall be cut off, and it shall not go well with them.
Excommunicate the Unrepentant
13 Thus saith the Lord: those who revile against My Gospel and its doctrines who are a part of the Body by covenant, are no longer a part of the Covenant in spirit, and unless they speedily repent, must necessarily be cut off outwardly from the Body and their covenants also.
14. For when the Bride revileth the Bridegroom and scorneth His love, she must be cut off outwardly, for she hath already cut herself off inwardly by scorning his love.
15. Therefore those who openly revile against this work before the Body, and unbelievers, must be cut off, saith the Lord, that the Body becometh not defiled and is cut off also.
Labour with the Unrepentant
16. It is therefore the duty of the Priesthood to labour with such souls with all their might and strength that per chance they might bring them to repentance and preclude a fall;
17. And this they shall do in love, mercy, long-suffering and kindness.
18. See that ye do not delay, that the Body may not be spoiled, but cast out all that is rebellious, contentious, and born of evil.
Do Not Judge Hastily
19. Ye should not judge hastily, nor seek to fulfil the desires of your own hearts, nor judge from impure motives, but do all things according to law and grace.
20. This is the Word of the Lord and it sufficeth Me. Even so. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 15 June 1998
Last updated on 15 June
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved