On Politics and Governments
The following revelation was received in response to the question, "What should our attitude be toward political parties and politics, O Lord?" This, and an amplifying revelation that follows (NC&C 280), warns of the dangers of poltics and political parties which run contrary to many fundamental Gospel principles. Though governments are necessary to prevent lawlessness and chaos, they generally work against Zion. Most political policy is based on greed and materialism. Antichrist will come to power using the existing political system. Though members are encouraged to vote for worthy political candidates, and to speak out against social injustice and righteous laws, they are not to join political parties. Some members feel they are called to stand as independent political candidates and as the revelations do not proscribe this, this is left as a matter of individual conscience. However, political involvement is not permitted of the Priesthood whose call is purely to establish the cause of Zion, of which the world is its anti-thesis. A fully active New Covenant Christian will not normally have time for any kind of political involvement as he finds that politics and the Kingdom compete for his time and energy [Oppsal, Oslo, Norway].
1. Thus saith the Lord: I have not called you to be a part of the world nor to sustain its fallen systems1 in any degreebut to create the alternative society, which is Zion, beginning in your homes and then transplanting it into firstborn communities.
2. Nevertheless I have also called you to be in the world, to be lights on a hill, to be living witnesses of all truth and virtue.
Governments are Necessary
3. I, the Lord, created governments, and it is the duty of the saints to uphold the dignity and honour of all true government, praying for the officers of government, and speaking out in defence of the truth as they are moved upon and called to do so by the Holy Spirit.
4. And ye shall sustain and pray for all governments until they are swept away by the desolator, when the only government upon the face of the earth shall be found in Zion.
Politicians' Hypocrisy and Materialism
5. I, the Lord, hate the rhetoric, hypocrisy, and materialism of politicians, though there are some who are good and honourable who are worthy of much praise.
6. Pray for those men and women in [local and national] government who are filled with a love for their fellow citizens, whom I have touched with My Light to be the guardians of the poor, and the sick, and the afflicted, and the persecuted, and all those who have been dealt with unjustly, and who seek a Zion of sorts according to their limited understanding.
Weigh All Political Ideology Against the Commandments
7. Ye shall not make of any political party an idol, giving it your unconditional support and loyalty, but shall weigh all things in the balance, that ye are not overpowered by the craftiness of the devil who loveth to stir up good and virtuous feelings in the people over one or two things that he might also bring to pass evil under the cloak of goodness.
8. Yea, for he flattereth and deceiveth, playing upon the sentiments of the children of men, saying: Lo, I will do this good thing if ye will follow me!
9. And they follow him, forgetting that he doeth much evil also, and useth good only as a means to his devilish ends.
10. Therefore let the saints greatly beware, not allowing themselves to become ensnared by Babylon and her wileful ways.
11. For verily, verily, I say unto you, that some of the saints will be taken captive in this way, not knowing that evil ones are exploiting their good intentions and using them to further the kingdom of the devil.
Antichrist Will Use the Political System
12. Know ye not that the Antichrist is laying the foundations of his kingdom?
13. Yea, and he shall use politicians and the political parties to achieve his ends, by which he shall obtain power and dominion over the world and the saints who have not fled [from] Babylon.
Free to Choose
14. My people are free to choose how they shall serve in the world, which thing entaileth great risks;
Seek the Kingdom First
15. Let them seek the Kingdom of My Father first (Mt.6:33), having in mind the goal of their service, which is to gather the elect and to flee from Babylon altogether, both inwardly and outwardly -- or spiritually and temporally -- and receive the protection of My cloud by day and My fire by night.
16. And ye should already have begun, for this is the end time;
Prepare to Depart for Zion
17. Therefore begin to make preparations to depart, that ye might not be forced to flee by your enemies at the last hour.
18. Order your houses, cease procrastinating the day of your repentance, and do all things according to the pattern.
Come to the Temple
19. Come unto My Temple and thus begin to do these things, for it is for this reason that I am restoring My Holy House.
20. Those who will not come unto My House, who have been called, shall be locked out, and will not receive the keys of gathering nor of the Priesthood, which is My Light.
21. And they who receive not these things when they have the opportunity shall be swallowed up into Babylon, and shall not be heard of again.
22. Therefore be ye wise, and spurn not the gifts of your Heavenly Father, who loveth you, and who hath prepared His House for you that ye might arise into your Priesthood offices inwardly and into the Garden of Light2.
Cease Making Excuses
23. Blessed are they who come unto Me now and cease excusing themselves, for they shall preclude much tribulation and perhaps even a fall.
24. This is My Word unto the New Covenant and unto those who love holy things, which Word will sanctify and uplift the Zion-builders and those who ever seek My Face. Even so. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 3 June 1998
Last updated on 3 June
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved