On House Fellowships
Revelation on the establishment of House Fellowships. The maximum size of any Colony is 144 baptised members after which it must be divided up into two new Colonies or otherwise reorganised. House Fellowships consist of small groups of no more than 24 men and women for mid-week ministry and evangelism and are especially designed for cities where members of a Colony may be spread out over a wide area. This revelation has been substantially rewritten to reflect current organisational structures, and a small portion, which was received later and added on to the original, has been deleted as it concerns a particular House Fellowship in the early Church which is of no interest generally [Vika, Oslo, Norway].
Size of Local Colonies
1. Concerning the organisation of local Colonies: ye shall divide a local Colony into two when it hath more than 144 baptised members.
Establishing House Fellowships
2. Nevertheless it is My will that when your Colonies grow sufficiently large, or as the situation demandeth, that they be subdivided into smaller units called House Fellowships, under the leadership of Elders and Eldresses appointed by the Pastorate, for the purpose of mid-week prayer, study and praise meetings.
3. And this shall be done in the homes of the members and be of a size not greater than twenty-four souls, male and female.
4. These are not separate colonies, nor shall they meet separately on the Sabbath,but are points of fellowship and evangelism.
5. They shall be organised in areas or districts in cities, and shall be more especially for large cities where the members are spread out.
Led by Elders and Eldresses
6. Each House Fellowship shall have a leader appointed by the Pastorate by the Spirit of Revelation, one from the Elders and one from the Eldresses, to serve for one year commencing 6 April.
7. In the absence of Elders, mature members from the Deacons' and Deaconesses' Councils may be selected.
8. The boundaries of each House Fellowship shall be established by the Pastor- ate, in consultation with the leaders of the House Fellowship, to ensure the maximisation of spiritual and material resources.
9. The House Fellowship leaders shall report their activities and programmes to the Pastorate each week, receiving guidance and suggestions from their brethren and sisters in the Elders' and Eldressses' Council meetings each Sabbath.
10. House Fellowships for the sisters during working hours may also be organised under the leadership of Eldresses as shall be requireed.
11. The activities of the House Fellowships are to be supplementary to the main local Colony programmes and should not infringe upon them.
12. Ye must experience and know the Family of Christ on all levels, saith the Lord, not losing the intimacy of spiritualfellowship that sometimes followeth when a Congregation becometh too large.
13. For this reason ye should establish House Fellowships as ye have need of them, and this to retain and enhance the newness of life that cometh through Me.
Build the Family of Christ
14. Let not your love for each other wax cold, but grow up into a Family of Christ, perfectly united, indivisible and whole. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 26 March 1998
Last updated on 26 March 1998
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved