Evangelism and the Apostolic Call
The following revelation is chiefly concerned with evangelism and the important rôle of apostles in that work. Though missionary work was undertaken in Sweden and Germany, preliminary steps to penetrate Eastern Europe were not undertaken until 1992 and 1994 when the Ukraine and Bulgaria were visited, respectively. Though the need for Apostles was made known early on in the New Covenant, effective apostolic witness did not begin until after 1992, and a Patriarchate, consisting of the three Presiding Apostles, not fully organised until 1996. Several were called to be Apostles in 1989 but none were finally chosen for lack of sanctification. Apostles are Elders and are rigorously tested before being chosen for that ministry. Translation work is central to the missionary endeavour for education in the Word in non-English-speaking lands. Those who feel inadequate and weak in their own strength are promised all they need in Christ. Personal instructions and the names of individuals have been omitted in this printing, and the names of offices have been changed to reflect current terminology. As the second part of this revelation concerns a totally different topic, it has been detatched and made into a separate section (NC&C 102). [Rosenborg, Oslo, Norway].
1. I, the Lord, am well pleased with the thoughts and deliberations of thePresiding Patriarchate and their desires to scatter the seed of My Gospel far and wide.
Spread the Word
2. Go unto the city of Göteborg [in Sweden] and scatter the seed there, even as thou hast purposed, and this shall be the beginning of the salvation of Israel in Sweden.
3. And I shall take My Word to other places where it shall find fertile soil, even unto the lands of Eastern Europe where Israel is thirsting for newness of life.
4. I shall open the doors in Germany, Poland, Czecho-Slovakia1 and the Soviet Union2 if ye have desires and prepare your feet with the Good News, yea, and other countries also, for I, the Lord, love all people, and am no respector of persons.
Apostles to be Called
5. It is expedient that Apostles are called, saith the Lord, that men of valour may take the Gospel to distant parts with the authority and testimony of Heaven.
6. And thou shalt call Apostles by the by from amongst the Elders, even they who will accept their call by covenant and by sacrifice.
7. If the Elders are faithful in their work I will more fully organise My Church, that it may begin to function in power, preparing for its endowment.
8. An Apostle is an Elder and shall go forth in the power and authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood, which is the Priesthood of Christ.
The Patriarchate are Apostles
9. Let My servants in the Patriarchate be ordained Apostles at the General Conference, for the calling of an Apostle is to be a witness unto the world.
10. And thus they shall become especial witnesses of My Word, by ordination and by power, according to their faith and diligence.
11. I will bless and sustain them as they call forth the powers of Heaven in righteousness.
Apostles are Rigorously Tested
12. I, the Lord, try and test all those called to the apostolic office that I might make them pliable in My hand, and I will yet try and test them, conforming them degree by degree into the image of sons of God.
13. Let the work of translation continue, for the Word is precious above rubies to those seeking after light and holiness, notwithstanding the weakness of those through whom it was brought;
14. For in their weakness I have made them strong, save those who have fallen and who go not out as faithful witnesses.
The Weak Made Strong
15. For verily, verily, I say unto you, that the weak shall confound the strong, not of their own power, but by the strength of My arm;
16. And this they shall do that the glory of My Father may be revealed through them.
17. I am the Eternal One and I am calling out the faithful.
18. Prepare ye, prepare ye the Way of the Lamb, that My Coming might not be in vain, but for the salvation of the world and the closing of the dispensation. Even so. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 24 March 1998
Last updated on 24 March 1998
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved