The following revelation was received for a newly ordained Pastor at a time when the Church was young and there was little or no priesthood training available. The instructions are applicable to all those aspiring to be disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. Personal names, and names of places, have been removed. [Telemark, Norway].
1. Beloved son, hearken and listen unto the Word of the Lord for thesalvation of thy soul, and for the salvation of all those souls who have been given into thy watchcare.
The Pastor's Personal Conduct
2. I have established thee as a Pastor over My sheep, to be a father unto them, and to bring them, degree by degree, into the fullness of Light.
3. This is no easy thing, as thou knowest, My son, and one fraught with dangers.
4. Verily, verily, I say unto thee, thou art My representitive and art called to act in My Name as though I were present in the flesh.
5. And therefore thy conduct must be like unto the Son of Man in all things, inviting but never compelling, being as harmless as a dove and as gentle as a lamb.
6. If thou wouldst fulfil thy pastorship and be truly approved as a wise steward thou must sacrifice thy personal desires for the sake of My will, not allowing thine own wishes to corrupt thy stewardship, nor override the pure love of Christ which cometh out of the Light.
Teach by Example
7. Verily, verily, I say unto thee, that thou shalt teach by example, that Israel -- even Israel in the wilderness -- may behold thy righteousness and recognise the Voice of the True Shepherd.
8. Thou shalt administer the Gospel with patience and loving kindness, not seeking to impose it upon any man or woman by any degree of compulsion, seeking always to give but expecting nothing in return.
9. Thou canst not force the course of the river, nor shalt thou attempt to do so, for I, the Lord, work according to inscrutible intelligence which no man [fully] comprehendeth.
10. Thou canst not make any tree bend toward thee, My son, for the tree hath but one Master, even the Lord Jesus Christ.
11. Thou shalt be the friend unto the stranger, the brother of the outcast, and the father of all, according to the Spirit.
12. Seek not thine own, for the love of Christ seeketh not after her own desires but according to the needs of others which she serveth.
13. Thou shalt be still within thy ministry and not as a raging torrent, for the torrent sweepeth away all in its path, the good and the evil.
Possessiveness and Attention-Seeking is Destructive
14. That which belongeth unto the Light shall come unto the Light of its own accord and no amount of words can change that;
15. And that which is thine shall come unto thee of its own accord, whether riches, blessings, wife, or gifts.
16. Therefore thou shalt not fear to lose, for if thou art in Me, everything that is Mine is thine, and thou shalt receive a just recompense at My hands, whether in this life, or the next, it mattereth not.
17. Thou shalt not fear time, for that which belongeth unto time shall perish.
18. Rather fear for that which is eternal and timeless;
19. But if thou art in Me, thou shalt not fear, for that which is timeless belongeth unto he who is timeless, and shall not depart from him.
The Peace of Being in Christ
20. Therefore I say unto thee -- and I say it unto all the sons and daughters of Zion -- cease thy restlessness and anxieties, thy desires and thy fears, and find My rest, which is the centre of the Light, and the source of all divine power.
21. When thou art fretful and unsure, turn unto Me and My peace, and I shall still thy storms and troubles.
22. This is the Word of the Lord and it sufficeth those who are earnestly seeking the Kingdom. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 24 March 1998
Last updated on 24 March 1998
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved