On half Truths
A great many of the early revelations of the New Covenant were refutations of New Age doctrines which threatened the Church in its early days. Though there are no "gods" in the literal sense, but rather demons who lie behind the false teachings espoused by unredeemed and fallen men, the revelation that follows speaks symbolically as though there were. The true God of Israel possesses all the virtues in perfect harmony. Beware of half-truths which contain mixtures of truth and falsehood as these are the hardest to discern. Justice and mercy [Cranleigh, Surrey, England].
1. Verily, verily, thus saith the Lord: beware of half-truths, for they are more dangerous than open lies.
2. A lie cannot stand forever but shall be overthrown; but a half-truth is hard to expose because it containeth truth within itself.
3. Therefore beware of the half-truth which is like a wolf in sheep's clothing (Mt.7:15).
4. There are many gods and teachings in the world, and some contain truth but they also contain error.
Of Justice and Mercy
5. If any man declareth his god unto thee, ask him: "What is the justice of thy god?" And then thou shalt ask him: "What is the mercy of thy god?"
6. For the true God, even He who speaketh unto you, is a God of perfect justice and mercy; and they are perfectly balanced.
7. But the false gods lack in one aspect or another, for they are either harsh male gods, lacking mercy, or they are lawless female goddesses, lacking justice.
8. Be ye not deceived by those who say that justice is the invention of man, or mercy the invention of woman, for both are of God.
9. Seek ye the true God; overthrow the lie and expose the half-truth. Even so. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 24 March 1998
Last updated on 24 March 1998
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved