On Church Banners
The revelation that follows is the Lord's acceptance of the logo and banner designed by the first Presiding Patriarch for the early Church. They were retained, following the introduction of a new Church banner for the New Covenant Church of God, as the logo and banner of the Holy (Melchizedek) Priesthood and are used thus today. Some of the terms in the revelation have been altered to reflect the terminoloy in the reorganised Church, e.g. congregations were formerly called "branches" but are today called "colonies". The banner of the former women's organisation has now been adopted as that of the Order of Deaconesses and the revelation altered to reflect that change. The Melchizedek Priesthood banner embraces both men's and women's priesthood orders, which are described more fully in the Church Constitution. Banners and General Conference. Ensigns of peace [Rosenborg, Oslo, Norway]
The Holy Melchizedek Priesthood Logo and Banner
1. The Logo1 which thou hast designed for the Church of Christ is acceptable unto Me, saith the Lord.
2. Let each Colony have its own banner, that an ensign may be lifted up both inwardly and outwardly as a testi- mony that Zion cometh.
3. For ye also, as living vessels, are ensigns of the Most High (Isa.30:17; Ps.74:4).
4. And let this banner be present in your meetings as a reminder that the Holy One of Israel desireth to be in your midst, for He is watching over you and is opening the last seal.
5. And let the banner also be as thou hast designed, for it is acceptable, for I inspired thee to design it after the pattern of Israel, but thou knewest it not.
6. The black shall be emblematical of the persecution that shall come in the last days, and shall be taken away when the Millennium cometh.
7. The white is a type of the hope of Zion, which is purity of heart;
8. And the blue representeth her wisdom which hath come in abundance.
9. Let the star be golden, and the Lamb and the Book be white;
10. And let the seals be white also, save the seventh, which shall be red, for this is a time of much blood.
11. Let the name of each Colony be inscribed in the upper hoist (upper left-hand corner) in gold.
Banner of the Order of Deaconesses
12. Let each Order of Deaconesses have its own banner also save it shall use its own Logo, which shall be a white dove descending from Heaven surrounded by the rays of the sun.
13. And both Logos shall be at the centre of each banner.
14. And let the name of the Colony of the Order of Deaconesses be inscribed in the upper hoist also, written in gold letters like unto the Colonial Priesthood banner.
Banners to be Gathered at General Conferences as Ensigns of Peace
15. Let all the banners be gathered together for General Church Conference, that the strength of Zion may be seen, which is as terrible and glorious as anarmy with many banners, even the army of Christ (Ps.20:5).
16. And your ensigns shall be ensigns of peace, and not for war, for the glory of Zion is her peace, and for the healing of the nations. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 25 December 1997
Last updated on 20 March 1998
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved