The Blessing of Children
and the Sick
Revelation received on the blessing of children and of the sick. Parental stewardship. A false practice of administering the Lord's Supper corrected. The changing of ordinances is presumptuous [Stortinget, Oslo, Norway].
1. It is expedient that new-born child- ren and those before the age of accountability should receive blessings and anointings at the hands of their parents who bear the Priesthood of God1.
2. Ye shall consecrate, dedicate, and set apart your firstborn by the anointing of oil, for especial service unto their Lord, the firstborn of all males and the firstborn of all females.
3. And ye shall do this on the eighth day, yea, even all your children, blessing them and adopting them into the Covenant of Israel until such a time as they are able to choose the Covenant for them- selves.
Children of the Covenant by Adoption
4. These children shall be recorded on the records of the Church as "Children of the Covenant by Adoption".
5. But those children born of parents in the Covenant ye shall not bless unto adoption, for verily their adoption is made sure by their birth if both parents are in the Light and are members in good standing.
6. If only one parent is in the Covenant then it is requisite that the child be adopted by blessing (and anointing) by the laying on of hands.
7. Otherwise ye shall bless all child- ren, praying over them in faith, that the Lord your God might protect them always and bless them with a mantle of Light.
Unordained Men's and Women's Privileges
8. A man or woman, who is not endowed with Priesthood, may lay his or her hands on the sick and bless the sick in the name of Christ, and pray over him (or her) that I, the Lord, might heal him (or her).
9. And this they may do if there are no men or women of the Priesthood on whom they can call2.
10. Men and women unendowed with Priesthood, but who are members in good standing, may be invited to join a Priesthood circle for the blessing of the sick or in blessings3 of comfort for those who are their immediate family or for those for whom they feel an especial kinship;
11. And they may be invited to pray over the same according to the spirit of revelation.
12. This I do, saith the Lord, out of mercy, and because a man is justified by his faith and not by his works, and because I see that seed of Light which is in him, and what it shall become.
13. Therefore I say unto you, as in times past, that ye should not make a manan offender for a word but shall deal with him in loving kindness (Is.29:21).
14. I have given the outer to serve the inner, even as I have given the flesh to serve the spirit, for that which is of a lower order is a servant unto the higher -- and all men are servants unto God and unto each other.
15. Let the fathers and mothers rejoice with an exceeding great gladness when they receive their little ones into the world, lifting up their children in praise unto the heavens, glorifying the Father in the Highest who is the giver of all good gifts4.
16. Ye shall fill your little ones with Light and love that they may continually be at peace and be the crown of your joy.
17. Ye know your stewardship, ye sons and daughters of Israel, therefore be ye faithful, remembering the faithfulness of your Father in Heaven toward you always.
A False Custom in the Lord's Supper
18. A custom hath arisen in the Church whereby the officer administering the sacrament of the Lord's Supper layeth his hands over the emblems whilst administering the prayers of blessing.
19. This is not meet in the eyes of your Father in Heaven and is the fruit of a carnal mind which supposeth that the symbol is the substance. Therefore ye shall refrain from this practice forthwith.
Changing the Ordinances
20. If any man or woman change the ordinances in any degree he shall notadminister them, saith the Lord, but learn repentance and obedience to heavenly patterns.
21. See that ye observe My Word and not add unto it presumptuously (Rev.22: 18); for I, the Lord, hate dogma and priestcraft in any degree, and the fallen workings of the human mind. Even so. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 24 December 1997
Last updated on 20 March 1998
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved