Inspired Retranslation of Mark 12:18-27
An inspired amplified translation of Mark 12:18-27 (NIV) with a prophetic explanation. Concerning marriage in the resurrection. The "spiritually" and "physically" dead [Brynseng, Oslo, Norway].
Marriage in the Resurrection
1. (18) Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him with a question.
2. (19) "Teacher", they said, "Moses wrote for us that if a man's brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and have children for his brother.
3. (20) "Now there were seven brothers. The first one married the widow, but he also died without leaving any children.
4. (21) "The second one married the widow, but he also died, leaving no child. It was the same with the third.
5. (22) "In fact, none of the seven left any children. Last of all, the woman died, leaving no child.
6. (23) "At the resurrection, whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?"
7. (24) Jesus replied, "Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?
8. (25) "When the [spiritually] dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven [who are single].
9. (26) "Now about the [physicaly] dead rising -- have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the bush, how God said to him, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.'
10. (27) "He is not the God of the [spiritually] dead, but the God of the [spiritually] living. You [Saducees] are badly mistaken [about the resurrection]!"
The Spiritually Dead
11. It is written, "let the dead bury their dead" (Mt.8:22, KJV), which meaneth, "let the spiritually dead bury the physically dead", for ye are called tominister to the spiritually dead before the physically dead, saith the Lord.
12. Ye have wrongly supposed that there is no marriage beyond the veil of mortality but in this ye do greatly err, even as the Sadducees erred in the matter of the resurrection1.
13. I have given you the correct translation of My Word; therefore let all disputation on this question cease. Even so. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 24 December 1997
Last updated on 20 March 1998
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved