On True Honour
Honour is great respect, of which there is little in the modern world, save that which is held for the traditions of men. One of the great lessons in honour is to be learned in the way David, the son of Jesse, treated King Saul when the latter was trying to kill him. Men of honour are few and far between but they ought to be common place in the New Covenant. The apostle Paul and the sub-apostolic father Bishop Ignatius taught that holding Priesthood officers such as Apostles, Bishops, Pastors and Elders in high respect was virtually an axiom of the Christian faith. The revelation that follows reminds us of our duty in manifesting this grace as evidence of our saved state [Laksevåg, Bergen, Norway].
1. The honour1 of a man is his life, and he that seeketh to honour the Lord all the days of his life shall receive honour of the Lord and be honoured by the Household of Faith.
2. But he who hath no honour, but yieldeth it in the weakness of his heart on account of his love for men and thepraises thereof, shall lack in wisdom and have a poor understanding.
Where is There an Honourable Man
and a Virtuous Woman?
3. Where is there an honourable man in the earth (1 Sam.9:6, KJV)? Who will stand upright before the wickedness of men but remain on bended knees before his God?
4. Where is there a virtuous woman who honoureth her husband and standeth by him on account of his righteousness (Prov.3:10)?
5. Behold, honour hath fled the earth, and each man seeketh his own, to consume it upon his lust.
Honour is Like a Rock
6. Honour is as a rock, fast and immovable, which no man can tear down on account of its strength.
7. It is better that a man have little understanding but much honour in fear of the Lord, than to have much wisdom but little honour and no fear of God (Job 28: 28; Is.11:2-3).
8. For the fear of the Lord is the beginning of understanding (Prov.9:10), and the honour of the Lord is the foundation of His House.
Seek the Lord's Honour
9. Therefore seek the honour of the Lord and receive Him in the highest, for wisdom hath two faces, the one to build up and the other to destroy (Ezek.41:18).
10. If a man findeth honour and wisdom it shall go well with him, but if he lacketh honour, then great shall be his fall!
God Loves Honest Men and Women
11. I, the Lord, love honest men and women, and will uphold them in the day of their trouble;
12. It is written that a man can be saved no faster than he obtaineth knowledge and wisdom2;
13. But I say unto you, that unless he possesseth honour and an upright heart, knowledge profiteth nothing, for even the devil and his angels have these things.
14. Honour is as a cedar of Lebanon3 and the Mount of Ephraim4 that cannot be bent or moved by wind or storm.
The Honour of Righteousness
15. Therefore seek ye first the honour of righteousness that your steadfastness in the Lord may be fixed and immovable, withstanding the darts of temptation and the craftiness of all evil men;
16. And I will surely bless you, and keep you, that your days may be prolonged for the sake of the Kingdom.
17. I give these words unto the honourable man5 for I love the integrity of his heart.
18. And behold, I shall honour him as he hath honoured Me, and give him that which is sufficient for his daily walk.
19. And this is given for all the saints who love Me, and all those who will come unto Me with broken hearts and contrite spirits. Even so. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 4 August 1997
Last updated on 20 March 1998
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved