A Psalm of Praise I
A Psalm of Praise to Yahweh-Elohim, the Lord God of Israel, [Frogner, Oslo, Norway].
1. My soul doth praise and magnify the Lord who hath had regard for the low estate of His servant.
2. My heart is lifted up into the mountains whereon standeth the Kingdom of our God, for the everlasting hills beckon the hearts of those who are filled with everlastingness, even the New Covenant of Israel.
3. I am renewed in my bones and my head receiveth dust with gladness.
4. My feet are shod [with shoes] for the preaching of Thy Word, and my hands shall stand ready to bless.
5. Be Thou, O Lord, my Guide, and at my left side, that I wander not off the path Thou hast trodden for me, nor disregard the testimony and blood of the prophets.
6. For I am weak and feeble, but in Thee I am strong, my Lord and my God.
7. I have sought light and truth, and in Thee I have withstood the darts of the adversary, for Thou art my shield and buckler.
8. I have seen the wickedness of men, and the pride and vanity of the nations, but I have not feared them, for Thou, O Lord, wast My shield.
9. I have trembled at Thy greatness, and stood in awe of Thy majesty, and I have dared to gaze at Thy countenance and call Thee "Father";
10. And Thou didst not consume me but touched me with Thy finger and breathed praise into my soul.
11. When I have fallen, Thou hast lifted me up; and when I have been bruised, Thou hast annointed me.
12. When I was lost, Thou didst seek me, and didst lead me by the hand, that I might drink from the hidden fountain and slake the depths of my thirst.
13. When dark clouds hung over me, Thou, O Lord, didst blow them away and didst plant a seed of Light that didst sprout up, arising in praise.
14. Therefore, O Lord, shall I magnify Thy Name and speak it unto the nations, and I shall have regard for the lowly estate of Thy children, and turn none away.
15. Do Thou unto me as I desire to do unto others, and let Thy grace smoothe over the rough places and sharp edges of my soul.
16. Purify my lips, Holy Father, and lead me away from all ungodliness that I may not bring shame upon Thy House nor sever the Covenant.
17. I raise my hands in praise and bend my knees in submission;
18 Yea, and I cover my head in Thy Temple and bring my alms unto the altar for the sake of the poor.
19. For Thou, O Lord, hast had regard for my poverty and supplied my every want;
20. Thou hast furnished my tabernacle and washed me in the oil of gladsomeness.
21. May all glory and honour be Thine, Holy Father, for the sake of Thy Son, Jesus Christ, who hath revealed Thee unto me that I might know Thy love. Amen.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 4 August 1997
Last updated on 20 March 1998
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved