Revelation on the Lord's Supper:
Invitation and Challenge
Revelation on the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper (Eucharist). The necessity of coming before the Lord with a clean heart. Invitation to confession and reconciliation [Oppsal, Oslo, Norway].
1. Let he who presideth over your Communion meetings read the following unto the assembled saints before the sing- ing of your Communion songs and before the emblems are blessed and adminis- tered:
The Communion Invitation
2. "If there be any here among you who hath ought against another, let him now take aside in private the person who hath given offence, or he that hath been offended, and make restitution, leaving aside his gift of a broken heart and a contrite spirit for the altar of his heart.
3. "Let the offended and he that hath given offense confess before the people, afterwards professing their love for each other before the people, and embrace one another that there be no root of bitterness in any heart in the assembly of this Congregation of Israel.
4. "And if a man or woman hath offended the Body let him confess his sins now, and make restitution, and be received in love.
5. "Then let them take up their gifts for the altar which they have laid aside, that they may offer unto the Lord a righteous sacrifice, even a broken heart and a contrite spirit.
6. "If there be any man or woman who cannot confess or make restitution in whom yet abideth the root of bitterness, let him withdraw himself from the assembly -- or the assembly from said persons to the Communion Room as shall be expedient -- until the Lord's emblems have been administered and received, that the House of the Lord is not polluted; whereafter let them return unto the assembly."
Do Not Partake Unworthily
7. The presiding minister shall then seat himself and allow a space of time for any parties to make restitution. When this hath been done then let him arise with the saints and sing praises unto My Name before blessing and administering the emblems.
8. And this shall be a statute for the congregations forever, that love and peace may abound among My people.
9. He who partaketh unworthily of My Sacrament shall be accursed, saith the Lord, for he eateth and drinketh damnation unto himself in proportion to his sin (1 Cor.11:27ff).
10. If a man is in doubt, let him confess anyway, that he may be humbled, and all Israel also.
11. Let the peace of Christ arise in you, O My people, for if ye have not love one for another then ye are not Mine, and must needs be scattered or wax cold like whited sepulchres.
12. This is the Word of the Lord unto the Congregations of Zion in all the world.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the whole book of revelations, which includes
an extensive commentary, concordance, index and relevant articles, click the book below:
This page was first created on 4 August 1997
Last updated on 20 March 1998
Copyright © 1997-2007 NCCG - All Rights Reserved