New Covenant Ministries
The Pre-Tribulation Rapture
A Modern Heresy
by Christopher C. Warren
The doctrine of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture was never an issue in the New Covenant Church of God (NCCG) until recent times (1999) when new members exposed to the writings of David Wilkerson, Jack Chick and others began introducing it into the Church as an alternative viewpoint to the Post-Tribulation stand the Church has continually and consistently made since its inception in 1986. Admittedly, the new heresy was somewhat different from the one espoused by many evangelicals and it is for this reason that a short essay on it has been included here. Nevertheless the reasons for its espousal are similar to other ‘Pre-Tribbers’. A revelation received in 1999 settled the issue once for all for the long-time members but was predictably rejected by the small party who tried to introduce it. Aside from the revelation, we shall present and refute the new teachings where the main biblical considerations have not already been extensively dealt with in the previous essays in this series.
The ‘Wadman Heresy’
The ‘Wadman heresy’ maintains that there will be a pre-tribulation rapture in which all pure Christians who no longer have any worldly attachments will suddenly be whisked away into heaven mid-way through the seven-year tribulation period leaving behind all false Christians and those who still have worldly attachments and have not sought 100% purity in Christ. A few ‘pure’ Christians will remain especially to serve the impure ones. The resultant chaos caused by Christians being whisked away whislt engaging in daily activities will result in many serious accidents caused by planes, cars, trains, and other vehicles crashing as their Christian pilots and drivers suddenly disappear. By various means the occultists/New Agers will use this as an excuse to outlaw Christianity making the profession of faith punishable by death. During the last three-and-a-half-years of the Tribulation, when the ruling Antichrist turns from being a benevolent dictator to a mass-murderer, many people, responding to the fearless message of the few ‘pure’ ones left behind will turn to Christ and be martyred. At this time the New Covenant Church of God will be the only true Christian Church on the earth because all the pure ones will have been taken to heaven and all the false ones will have been absorbed into the One World Religion. The mission of NCCG will be to gather together these new converts during the dark times into twelve firstborn colonies.
However, Wadman has shifted in his doctrine now and maintains that when Christ returns there will be NO true Christians on the earth for they will either have apostatised, been raptured or martyred. The Two Witnesses in Jerusalem will, in this scenario, be the last of the Christian witnesses on the earth before the Second Coming before they are killed and subsequently raised from the dead. In this modified scenario obviously NCCG will not exist and there will be no need for Tribulation Cities of Refuge.
The logic used by Wadman is similar to other Pre-Tribbers but his most insistent argument is that God does not want a bloody bride when He returns. He wants His lovely wife free from blemish. Needless to say this is not only a very fleshy perception of that Bride is but is grossly unfair for the following reasons.
Firstly, according to some research done by Christian scholars, at least 25 million Christians have been martyred for their faith since the inception of the Christian Church. Since these martyrs were not raptured, are we to conclude that those who are to be taken away in a Pre-Trib rapture constitute a super-class of especially holy, unblemished believers, and that those 25 million who died in former generations were of a lower order? This doctrine, which smacks of the Mormon teaching that the “choicest spirits” are being reserved for the end-time, sounds extraordinarily élitist.
Secondly, Christ said in the Sermon on the Mount that those who preached the Truth would certainly be persecuted and that they should count it a blessing for such have God’s servants always been treated, also reminding them that martyrdom brings great blessings in heaven (Matt.4:10-12). Yet in the Wadman doctrine we are to believe that at all costs those who are pure in spirit are to be spared this fate and that to be martyred is in some way testimony of being ‘impure’. What a perversion of the scriptures!
The fact of the matter is that God looks upon the heart in His judgement and He has consistently taught throughout the Bible that opposition of all kinds is necessary for character refinement for it leads to spiritual purity.
I will not discuss the other points that have been raised in the other articles in this series only to say that Christ nowhere says He will return to an earth destitute of true Christians. Though Christ prophesied the earth will certainly be like the days of Noah in terms of unbelief and that relative to the teaming billions on the earth there would be few true Christians indeed, He never said that there would be no Church of God upon the earth when he returned.
A recent revelation received by the Church adds another dimension to the question of the Pre-Trib Rapture doctrine. An extract from the revelation, which was addressed to Wadman (an ex-Mormon), is reproduced below:
The Pre-Tribulation Rapture Doctrine is False
We see, then, that those waiting to be raptured will receive the Mark of the Beast. Since they believe they will be raptured before the Antichrist begins persecuting Christians and marking the citizens of the world with 666 they will suppose that they have not got the Mark and will rationalise away whatever happens to them. They will thus be lulled into a false sense of security.
70. Never at any time have I said that the Son would return unto the earth before the Great Tribulation.
71. This is a doctrine of the Evil One, that souls might be lulled into a false sense of security.
72. For they who have believed this lie repent not unto the fullness, neither obey all My commandments, but have invented a doctrine of the end times that will lead them unto spiritual death.
The Mark of the Beast
73. Behold, they who teach and believe this doctrine will receive the Mark of the Beast, for they will say unto themselves:
74. “Behold, the Lord hath not taken us up, therefore we have not received the Mark. Therefore are we saved.”
75. And behold, they will not recognise the Mark when it is given, and shall receive it, and shall continue to trade with the Beast and his captives, when they ought to have been gathered up into Cities of Refuge, even as I have commanded.
76. And great will be the wailing and gnashing of teeth when they behold that they have been imprisoned! Woe unto them!
Only Two Comings of Christ
77. Never at any time have I said that the Son would return unto the earth twice, yet thou hast believed the lie, and justified the lie according to the unredeemed spirit that is within thee, ignoring and twisting the Word.
78. Thou art cleansed, My son, in some things, but in many thou dwellest in great poverty of Spririt, disdaining the Six and mocking My servant who hath the keys [of true doctrine] which
will free thee.
79. Verily thou canst receive them [alone] from Me if thou wilt, but thou must renounce thy calling in the New Covenant Church of God and walk the law path. And thou must verily choose.
80. Hearken unto the Word of the Lord and be wise, else thou shalt lead many souls to destruction:
The Church of God Will Pass Through the Great Tribulation
81. Verily, verily, I say unto you, that the whole Body of Christ shall pass through the Great Persecution, and this according to the justice and mercy of God, which thou hast not understood.
82. This is according to the justice of God, because all those called to pass through this last woe agreed to do so before the world was founded, and are not under constraint, for they have chosen the better way, even the law of sacrifice.
83. And this is according to the mercy of God because by this means vast multitudes of souls may be saved, according to their great sacrifice, which is the desire of those who agreed to pass through this evil time.
84. Thou hast supposed, in thy vanity and unredeemed spirit, to judge the wisdom of Yahweh-Elohim: woe unto you!
85. And thou hast judged His servants according to the same unredeemed spirit, and stand at the door: woe unto you!
86. Nevertheless thou art granted space for repentance, otherwise thou must go thine own way, even as thou wilt.......
The tone of the revelation is harsh and we can only conclude that it is so because the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine is a most serious heresy that will cause untold numbers of Christians to be deceived in other areas of doctrine and practice also. And especially for those called to gather into NCCG cities of refuge for they will perceive no need to gather, and be martyred. Though each individual must choose what he must do, the greater tragedy will surely occur when others whom they have responsibility for, like small children, are either killed also or taken off as wards of the antichrist state to be placed in the demon-infested homes of New Agers and those of like ilk. Thus our responsibility extends beyond ourselves to those who are in our watchcare.
Though God knows what each and everyone of us will do, it is still a sobering fact that we do have genuine choice and can either walk in God’s full will or only in His permissive will. We have, as the revelation tells us, a choice - to walk the ‘upper’ road or the ‘lower’ one. Which would you choose? The destiny of not only yourself, but many others also, may depend on that choice.
This page was created on 6 September 1999