"I advise no-one to place his child where
the Scriptures do not reign paramount"
The Philosophy of New Covenant Christian (Messianic Evangelical) Home Education and Schooling rests fully on certain immutable and non-negociable principles.
New Covenant Christian education teaches the child how to grow with Yahweh - to understand, appreciate, and reverence Him. It teaches him how to know what his function is as Yahweh's creation and representative in this world, and how to fulfill it. A child should be taught to glorify Yahweh (life's highest aim) and to develop and use his Elohim-given intellect, talents, and skills as tools to serve in Kingdom-building and to help shape a world that is pleasing to Yahweh.
- First, Yahweh, our Heavenly Father, is recognised and acknowledged as the author of all emet (truth), as the Creator and Sovereign Interpreter of every fact.
- Second, man, as a creature made in the image of Elohim (God), is responsible to think according to the pattern Yahweh has established in His Davar (Word), the Bible.
- Third, as a result of sin, man lost the ability to do this, and has reinterpreted meaning in a humanistic framework.
It is during the early years of a child's schooling that attitudes toward Elohim (God), obedience, patterns of thought, and many other character qualities and elements of a child's makeup are being formed. The teaching of Biblical principles and the training of children during these early years encourages the development of mature and effective Christian/Messianic adults.
New Covensant Christian Home Education and Schooling seeks therefore to restore man to a vital relationship with Yahweh, and to bring every thought captive to Yah'shua the Messiah (Jesus Christ) (2 Cor.10:5).
Because this can never be accomplished in secular state or public schools, it is the belief of Messianic Evangelicals that its children should either be:
This website is dedicated to guiding NCAY parents and friends in the best way to educate their children and represents the official NCAY policy.
"Train up a child in the way he should go,
- 1. Educated by their own parents at home (home schooling) using a Christian curriculum like TEACH; or
- 2. Educated in NCAY School Cooperatives using homeschooling and/or traditional schooling methods; or (where this is impractical or impossible)
- 3. Educated in private Christian/Messianic Schools that reflect basic NCAY standards and goals.
And when he is old he will not depart from it"
(Proverbs 22:6, NKJV)
Created on 17 April 2005
Updated on 13 February 2017
Copyright © 1987-2017 NCAY - All Rights Reserved