A Wife's Ten Commandments
Adapted from Linda Hayase
1. You shall love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind; and you shall love your husband as your self (Mt.19:19);
2. You shall not make your husband into an idol (putting Him above Yahweh), but you shall love, honour, respect and submit to him as you do to Yahweh (Eph.5:22);
3. You shall not take your husband's name in vain, through gossip, slander, criticism, complaint, or mockery; but you shall bless him both privately and publicly;
4. You shall work heartily as unto Yahweh, and as directed Him, and your husband, not by your own ideas of what should be done (Prov.31). You shall not be so busy working, however, that you neglect to get alone with Yahweh everyday. During this quiet time, you shall pray diligently for your husband. You shall also be willing to put aside work in order to 'play' (be intimate) when your husband asks you;
5. You shall honour your mother and father, but you shall not elevate their position or opinions above your husband's;
6. You shall not resent, revile, or hate your husband, but you shall grant him grace, forgiveness and mercy;
7. You shall not commit adultery, nor shall you think lustfully toward another man; but you shall thank Yahweh for your husband and be pleased with him;
8. You shall not steal from your husband. You shall not steal his marriage by threats of divorce. You shall not steal his wife by leaving him alone all the time. You shall not steal his spiritual leadership by taking control. You shall not steal his time by placing unnecessary demands on him. You shall not steal his joy by complaining or moping. You shall not steal his peace by endless nagging. You shall not steal glances from other men by wearing provacative clothes and causing them to stumble. This defrauds your husband of an honourable wife, the other man of pure thoughts, and the man's wife of her husband's faithfulness;
9. You shall not lie to your husband, but you shall speak the truth in love. You shall also practice a quiet and gentle spirit (1 Pet.3:4);
10. You shall not covet another woman's husband, her children, her friends, her house, her decorating style, her garden, her looks, her wardrobe, her possessions, her talents and gifts, her ministry, or any other thing that is hers; but you shall be content with all Yahweh has given you.
This page was created on 26 March 2009
Last updated on 26 March 2009
Copyright © Linda Hayase.